Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long time since I've had a four silver day. Just received permission a few days ago to search a lot where a trailer home sat from 1950 to 1995. Not old by hobby standards, but I figured I would give it a go. Was out to the place by 7:30, and started the hunt. Was digging garbage and clad, when I got a good silver hit and dug the 1951 Roosevelt. A little bit later, along came the 1937 Merc. Somewhere a short time later I pulled the lipstick tube and pocket watch from the depths of the dirt. I had only been there about 2 hours, when the 1956 Roosevelt decided to set my detector off. I then found the Good Luck token with the homeowners name on it and her age stating she was 23. This woman was born in 1927, and the tag would have been made around 1950 making her around 90 if she was alive today. Also found the 1979 Rabies dog tag. Getting near the end of my hunting time for this morning, I decided to make one more pass before going home. I'm glad I did, because that's when the 1944 Walking Lib Half showed up. Haven't found one of these since last November. I still have about 1/4 of this lot left to search, and will be back there soon. Don't ever overlook the small places. They can hold some nice little treasures. No in situe pictures today, as my phone is at home and I'm at my daughters celebrating her 31rst Birthday. She was good enough to post the pics with her phone. Good hunting to all.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 36

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back