4th And Final Search Of The Sports Field - R U LUCKY

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I started this last section yesterday in the heat of the day. On my second pass I found a ring. I got excited because I saw gold and diamonds when it first pooped out, then when I saw what it was I knew I had only found another junque ring. It was gold plated with the word "LUCKY" spelled out in fake diamonds. Then I thought, maybe this is a sign of things to come, and I got excited again. That only lasted about half way through the next pass, when the meter on my detector went blank. After trying several more times I came to the realization that the Redneck Meter Cover didn't work. The sun was still heating up the LCD display causing it to overheat and die.
So back to the house I went to make a major modification to the cover. The whole time thinking, lucky ring my a$$. Being the tightwad that I am, I don't want to spend the $75.00 to have the meter replaced. Especially when I'm about to buy a water detector. After looking at it and doing some thinking I came up with a new design on the meter cover to keep the sun off of the display. To test it, I took it back out to the field in the heat of the day today. It worked great and I finished the last section with no problems. I ended up with a little clad, a butterfly trinket, a jet fighter, a pin that says R U with glass diamonds, and that "LUCKY" ring. Now the message is complete, R U LUCKY. Now I think I will go back to the field where I found those sports nuts nobody can identify, and see if I can find some more.
Redneck Meter Cover.JPG
SPORTS FIELD.jpg
4th Hunt.JPG
Here is the original Redneck Meter Cover:
4th Hunt2.JPG
Here is the updated Redneck Meter Cover
Redneck Meter Cover.JPG

Attachments

• Redneck Meter Cover Update.JPG
    Redneck Meter Cover Update.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 763
Upvote 0
lol you always figure out something...the coke cup was cute but i am sure the priority mail box is more effective...you will get it down to an art soon and be selling them like hotcakes! I rather like the lucky ring even if it was not such good lucky as we would have liked! kinda cute! Better luck with the weird nuts I hope!

Wrap the box in foil and then whenever someone approaches you tell them you are trying to find all the treasure before the little gray men do!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

For added effect make yourself a hat of the same foil! ;) ;)

I hope the drink cup was empty when you put it on the machine, soft drinks are a little hard on the circuitry. Cool image showing your hunt site, U R the MAN!!!

KirkPA said:
I wouldn't be seen out in public with that redneck meter cover. hahaha

I would just detect by sound! 8)
I grew up using detectors with only sound because that's all they had, before you were born I'm sure. :D Now I'm older, tone deaf, and I like to use the info visualy available that comes with modern detectors. As far as what the public thinks, I could care less. I've done alot more than this in my lifetime. :D :D :D

You tell em PigMan! The heat in Texas can be brutal on men, and machine!

Mitch
still here...headed there

nice. I found a fighter plane that looks almost like that a couple of weeks ago.

Hey, I like the up-grade...Nice finds you rounded up there. An umbrella hat sure sounds good to me... Whew, it's hot. It was 93 at 3:15 today.

You are lucky buddy, and good!!
Glad you got out and found some goodies.
Keep em coming, good luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nice finds Pman, but I searched Kellyco and couldn't find those optional screen covers anywhere! :D I to started out with a single knob detector, way back when... Don't tell no one.

I started with a homemade one when I was 10 yrs old, then I got my first real detector, a D-Tex. That was like going from a Radio Shack to a Minelabs.

CoinMiner said:
You tell em PigMan! The heat in Texas can be brutal on men, and machine!

Mitch
still here...headed there

HEY HEY now! Don't forget women! ;D ;D

Great finds! I love the way you break down those parks!

Now thats how things should be done, A little ingenuity and materials laying around the house and wala!! We don't need no stinking people to tell us we need to spend $75 on a plastic cover. WTG!!!

piggman1 said:
KirkPA said:
I wouldn't be seen out in public with that redneck meter cover. hahaha

I would just detect by sound! 8)
I grew up using detectors with only sound because that's all they had, before you were born I'm sure. :D Now I'm older, tone deaf, and I like to use the info visualy available that comes with modern detectors. As far as what the public thinks, I could care less. I've done alot more than this in my lifetime. :D :D :D
Hi:
Speaking of detectors with only sound, I was 15 when I bought my first detector with saved up allowance for $20.00 (1968). It was a Relco Metal Detector kit. A lot of soldering transistors, resistors and capacitors for the transmitter and winding wire for the 2 search coils. The transmitter which had a radio dial was mounted atop the search coil which was tuned to the receiver which was a $10.00 transister radio for sound mounted on the frame.. It would probably looked funny but I found the coins.
Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back