glass half fool
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 17, 2017
- Messages
- 1,123
- Reaction score
- 2,014
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North of the Mason Dixon line
- Detector(s) used
- White 5900DiPro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Thanks for the quick reply . So it is different than a regular $5.00 bill . Or at least it was at some point in time I think I would prefer the Silver Morgan coi.nsIt wasn't issued by the Federal Reserve but by the US government. I don't think it makes any legal difference now though. Same as you can't exchange silver certificates for actual silver from banks anymore. In 1953 you could exchange this for silver at the bank since all coins were silver and a $5 bill could exchange for 5 silver morgan dollars which were still abundant in bank vaults at the time.