What's new

5 Dollar Gold coin found

ppratt

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
353
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Well its been a long time since I've posted anything, but the other day I posted and now I got the bug to show you guys some stuff.

I've been detecting for 23 years now and have some great finds under my belt. So I will start posting some pics of them.

I'll start off with my gold coin. I found it in washington Co. PA at a Pony Express Stop. I was 16 when I found this in 1991.
 

Attachments

  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,673
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,784
Upvote 0
Well, I am a heckuva lot older than sixteen and am yet to find a gold coin with my detector.....and believe me when I say I have put in my hours!!!
Sweet find man.
~Nash~
 
that is one very sweet coin!!!! :hello2: Just curious what detector you were using an XLT? Or a different detector when u found this ? I think this is the mecca of finds for coin shooters! Any gold of any denomination is a rare! Thanks For sharing! Have you ever had it graded/appraised? Makes me think I should start researching those stage stops a little more in the nearby areas. Thought about it but never followed through. Guess it would be worth the time and effort.
Definately paid off for u !!! :icon_thumleft:
 
I was using a Whites Eagle SL, and a Whites 3900. But that day I had my eagle and my dad had the 3900.
 
That was a great find. Congratulations.
 
Now that is a thing of beauty. Congrats on the gold! :thumbsup:
 
that's simply beautiful! wow! :thumbsup: :headbang:
 
Feeling you dont forget huh!?I know I never will!Something you never expect to see!! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom