What's new

5 Hour Hunt

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally found a hunter friend. Hes 16 yrs older than me but he can really go. Left me behind a few times. We did a yak attack in a creek. My yak is too long he had one smaller and that thing would fly! Id be stuck on a gravel bar and he would go rite across it. Anyway we had a fun trip. It was paddle 30 ft then you would have to get out and walk 50.
Not much as in finds I think I was the Shard King of the day. Got some Historical pottery and a nice flint nodule. Everything was damaged or broken cause of all the rocks. some of my items are natural but I thought they had a nice shape to them. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3792.webp
    100_3792.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_3795.webp
    100_3795.webp
    197.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_3786.webp
    100_3786.webp
    224.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_3796.webp
    100_3796.webp
    296.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_3804.webp
    100_3804.webp
    272.2 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
Wish I would find some pottery. Our canoe trip was like yours. Many times we had to get out and carry it across the gravel bars (worth it though!).
 
The 5 pieces are NA Indian Pottery I forgot to put that into the heading. There is 4 types of pottery.
1. Two pieces of fabric printed; They have the tiny squares.
2. Bottom piece is a rim and its hard to see but it has swirls on it .
3. Large piece in middle has cord marks on it. Very water worn and probably the oldest.
4. This is a small piece of plain. It had a drill mark on it probably to repair a break.
 
pretty neat finds Rock!! Of all the artifacts I have found, I have never found a piece of pottery. I would really like to. I am sure there is some around here. Just not in the places I have been fortunate enough to hunt. Congrats on your creek hunt. It sounds like you had a blast and found some good stuff.
 
Nice yak finds. I have a yak. Never found anything in the creek below my dig site. I may need glasses!
 
pretty neat finds Rock!! Of all the artifacts I have found, I have never found a piece of pottery. I would really like to. I am sure there is some around here. Just not in the places I have been fortunate enough to hunt. Congrats on your creek hunt. It sounds like you had a blast and found some good stuff.

Check the water source near your site. I didnt wash these too hard and they show creek stain. Im sure they would of been a different color like red or brown.
I find more shards in the creeks than on dry land. Maybe when they broke they threw them in the water IDK. Good to hear from you huntress. HH, rock
 
Nice finds. You had a good day hunting. Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom