What's new

5 more silver

Mercury63

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Did a box of dimes on Friday and another on Saturday for a total of 5 Rosies for the weekend. I'll take it. Total of 12 for the past two weeks, so I am starting a new Roosevelt album strictly for coin roll hunting. Gotta love it.
 
Upvote 0
and love it we do! 5 rosies out of two boxes...not bad...not bad at all. that's above average!

as for your book...good luck. i've managed to fill all but 11 holes in my '46-'64 silver rosie book through CRH. i'm tempted to make a stop at a coin shop and swap dime for dime to fill the remaining holes. (would that count as CRH finds as i'm trading found coins to fill the empty slots?)

now...for my newest project i've just purchased a merc book. that baby is gonna take some serious work to fill. already have 16 holes filled. wooohooooo!! but...the 1916-D and the 21's are gonna be tough to find but hey...as you said...that's why we play the game. and it reminds me of one of my favorite sayings, "if it was easy girl scouts would do it."

good luck on all your future hunts!
 
fiddycent said:
and love it we do! 5 rosies out of two boxes...not bad...not bad at all. that's above average!

as for your book...good luck. i've managed to fill all but 11 holes in my '46-'64 silver rosie book through CRH. i'm tempted to make a stop at a coin shop and swap dime for dime to fill the remaining holes. (would that count as CRH finds as i'm trading found coins to fill the empty slots?)

now...for my newest project i've just purchased a merc book. that baby is gonna take some serious work to fill. already have 16 holes filled. wooohooooo!! but...the 1916-D and the 21's are gonna be tough to find but hey...as you said...that's why we play the game. and it reminds me of one of my favorite sayings, "if it was easy girl scouts would do it."

good luck on all your future hunts!
Fiddy, Trade to fill the holes if ya want but what fun would that be. My half dollar books don't get nothin traded for- I figure as long as there's empty spots the game is still on. My Kennedy is only missing 70s and all but 4 of the newer silver proofs. Franklin only lacks the '55 and 49s. Got a Walker book for my Birthday last month- yea that'll get filled LOL. The game has a loooooooong way to go.
I pick up dimes on Sundays- got 4 out of 3 boxes today, last week I only got 1 out of 4 boxes so this was much improvement. Been thinking of getting a cheap whitman dime book just for fun- my half books are Danscos and not going that route for the pesky dimes I play with. HH Mark
 
Mercury,
Way to tear up the silver's. You have been on a roll with the dimes. Send some of those box a couple hours north so I can share in the fun. :icon_profileleft:
As for trading in to complete sets???? I have been pondering it for some of my sets. I figure fill the sets that I have at the end of this year and start fresh in 2009. then whatever doesnt get filled by the end of that year, trade and fill and start over again.
Let me know if your interested in trading for sets and maybe we can swap list, just trade face value for what we need.

Keep up the good hunt,
Jason
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom