5 rings this morning at the beach while on vacation

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Posting from my iPhone so no pics until I get back home in two weeks.

Arrived on Cape Cod Saturday eve, and Sunday was recovery day. Hit the beach at 5:30am this morning while my family was still asleep. I got there about 15 minutes before low tide and stayed 3 hours. I spent the entire time in the water shin to chest deep. Water was calm.

The no-seeum bugs were so bad that I almost left after the first 5 minutes. Boy am I glad I stayed.

The first ring I found was a big man's silver ring, that must have been lost very recently as it had no tarnish or corrosion.

Next I hit a heavy wide man's 14k wedding band with three small diamonds - WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! I could have left right then a happy man. But I still had about two hours to detect.

Next ring was a big woman's 10k ring with a football shaped cluster of tiny diamonds. I guess it's a cocktail ring. Man was I happy - two gold rings on the first of hopefully many outings over these two weeks.

The next two rings were silver - but black and encrusted. I'll need to do some electrolysis on these. One is a three ring linked together, and the other is a small band with a pattern around it.

Besides the rings I got a sterling earring, a handful of clad, a handful of bottlecaps and pulltabs, some can slaw, and two giant resort room keys.

Sorry I can't post pics now - will update with pics when I get home.

Happy hunting!

Jim

Upvote 0
Great job, Jim. I too recently had a beach vacation... got biten up like you wouldn't believe before sunrise. I managed to swing $11.40 in change, but not a single ring. Whatever you're doing, keep t up. Have a great vacation and hopefully you have more rings to come!

Sounds good! Can't wait for the pics! :thumbsup:

You will find many more rings for sure. Keep hunting! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back