5 Silver, 23 Wheats!! 28 For 28 !!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

As sure as Wall Street has been plummeting, there's one thing I can also be sure of; the SE Pro coil has not let me down since I purchased it. :occasion18: Today, I found silver coins in my 28th consecutive turf hunt with the coil. :blob8: Every one of those 28 hunts, except one, has been from the same park that I've recovered 132 silver coins from this year. This morning, I was ready to accept defeat if I couldn't find a silver from "the park". I got off to a late start, with lots of clouds and the look of rain in the sky. Within a half an hour, I had found 4-5 wheats, and hoped if I kept at it, I would find at least one silver coin that I came looking for. Remember, this place has been hunted very hard for the past 6 weeks. I've been swinging up to and around old plugs for weeks now, and today was no different. Every time I went over a piece of trash, I'd swing over it from different directions, hoping to hear a fainter, higher toned sound of a deeper coin. I was just shaking my head on how I was still able to hear deeper targets between the trash after all these weeks. In under an hour, I had found the silver coin I had hoped for, a '48 Rosie, along with a '49 wheat in the same hole. Within another hour, I had found a few more wheats and another Rosie. The sky looked ominous above me, and drops started to fall, so I decided to call it quits. The other three silver('45 Nickel, '28 Merc, '54 Rosie), along with about 12 wheats came from a hunt (#27) at the same site last Tuesday.

Will there be another silver for me next time? Uncertainty is very high in my mind, just as it is for a rebound in the stock market. :violent1: It's #29 next, or bust!!! :headbang:

Thanks for looking!!

Keep the Passion High!!

CAPTN SE "E-TRAC Killer" :director: :tongue7:
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3070_sm.jpg
    IMG_3070_sm.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
WTG Dan, you still kicking tail down here is SoCal, no one can dispute that. Great finds as usual.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hi Dan!

Wow ~ I'm starting to think that your silver finds will never end! That's AWESOME!!! So many silver from one park ~ has nobody ever detected it before? Or is it so big that it just isn't possible to hunt it out? KEEP IT UP DUDE!!!

Thanks, Neil. Many, many people have detected this park since the 80's. Yes, it is a very large park. Certain areas produced older coins(barbers/Injuns), while other areas produced mercs/rosies/wheats. It's been a really fun park this year....it's greatly exceeded my expectations.

Way to go Koil King!!! icon_king
There will be no more silver left in Calif soon. Wink
Can we expect a movie on #30? Have GA take a day off work to film it. tongue3
Congrats,
Doug
P.S. No cut up coins this time?

Thanks, Doug!! I hope Jon will be able to take a day off soon so he can get some silver.
No. This area doesn't have the cut up coins like the other side of the park has. Very strange indeed. :icon_scratch:
Continued success in the Woods, my friend.

Outstanding, nothing more I can say.

Thanks, TimC! Good luck out there!!

great job Dan, I always look forward to your posts thumbsup........just one question though..........How big is this freakin park??!!??

HH all!

Greg

Thanks, Greg! The park is very large!! Lots of area to cover, however, we've touched most areas of the park this year, so it will be a matter of going back to the same areas to see if we left anything. This one area I've been pounding for 5-6 weeks now, and it is still giving up the old coins. I think my next hunt there will be the most challenging since detecting it.

Great finds. you are the man.

Thanks, Kdismuke1!! Good luck to you!!

you seem to amaze me everytime you get silver and wheaties! I am going to come down there one day and we will have a competition to see who gets the most silver thumbsup One of these days during the summer it will happen and I will be able to catch up to you thumbsup You and silverfreak are truly incredible dudes! Your my idols along with many other members on treasurenet!

Thanks, DF. I appreciate your comments. There might not be anything left down here by next Summer. Each year, the old coins get fewer and fewer at the parks. A 2 silver day will be an incredible day before too long here in S. CA.

Way to go Dan, nice digs once again brother! Push on to #29 and #30 and so on....I am sure that you will do it. Me and Don are on to our 6th...Measly by your standards, but we will try to catch you! Ha....We cheat with two of us hunting..You the man. Keep it going

Thanks, jgas!! Keep your streak alive....Yeah, 2 against one is a little unfair. We'll have to put little asterisks next to yours and Don's names. ;D ;D

WTG Dan, you still kicking tail down here is SoCal, no one can dispute that. Great finds as usual.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Anthony! Keep up the great hunts. I knew you would be posting gold again on the forum....You're good!!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Capt,

When haven't you found a piece of silver man lol. You mean 300 for 300. It's a mandatory silver post for you every time. Hunting never gets old when your finding silver like that.

Keep up the good work. You got some nice parks out there.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread