5 Silver, 23 Wheats!! 28 For 28 !!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

As sure as Wall Street has been plummeting, there's one thing I can also be sure of; the SE Pro coil has not let me down since I purchased it. :occasion18: Today, I found silver coins in my 28th consecutive turf hunt with the coil. :blob8: Every one of those 28 hunts, except one, has been from the same park that I've recovered 132 silver coins from this year. This morning, I was ready to accept defeat if I couldn't find a silver from "the park". I got off to a late start, with lots of clouds and the look of rain in the sky. Within a half an hour, I had found 4-5 wheats, and hoped if I kept at it, I would find at least one silver coin that I came looking for. Remember, this place has been hunted very hard for the past 6 weeks. I've been swinging up to and around old plugs for weeks now, and today was no different. Every time I went over a piece of trash, I'd swing over it from different directions, hoping to hear a fainter, higher toned sound of a deeper coin. I was just shaking my head on how I was still able to hear deeper targets between the trash after all these weeks. In under an hour, I had found the silver coin I had hoped for, a '48 Rosie, along with a '49 wheat in the same hole. Within another hour, I had found a few more wheats and another Rosie. The sky looked ominous above me, and drops started to fall, so I decided to call it quits. The other three silver('45 Nickel, '28 Merc, '54 Rosie), along with about 12 wheats came from a hunt (#27) at the same site last Tuesday.

Will there be another silver for me next time? Uncertainty is very high in my mind, just as it is for a rebound in the stock market. :violent1: It's #29 next, or bust!!! :headbang:

Thanks for looking!!

Keep the Passion High!!

CAPTN SE "E-TRAC Killer" :director: :tongue7:
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3070_sm.jpg
    IMG_3070_sm.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh you make me SICK >:(!!!

Just kidding, keep up the good work man, you have truly mastered that machine.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
A gorgeous Merc, Roseys, a silver nickel & plenty o' wheats!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ya can tell the player without a scorecard, but here it is anyway....

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .......

Congrats Captn!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep it going Dan.....That is an unbelievable amount of silver you've pulled from those park's.To tell you the truth,it look's like there might be an SE X-Mas this year ;D Best of Luck to you on #29 :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the 28th consecutive silver, does the SE in your screen name stand for Silver Extractor? It should, because you surely are WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep sucking that ground dry Captn!
I always enjoy your post and I know that if there is silver to be found you are definately the one to find it.

Great finds.
Rob ~ Out

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kimsdad said:
A gorgeous Merc, Roseys, a silver nickel & plenty o' wheats!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ya can tell the player without a scorecard, but here it is anyway....

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .......

Congrats Captn!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:
;D ;D ;D Yes, Dan..... We know the routine. By the way, you did great as usual :tongue3:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Dan. You are on a serious streak my friend. I for one...would like to see you end the year with a perfect 100% silver record...and I bet you do. If I remember correctly...my sef coil has only "punked" me out one time since I got it ;D...there's been silver every other time. I gotta' find some time to take the pro coil for a walk...but I just can't pry the SEF off the SE yet ;D
It's a no lose situation for me...pro coil or SEF coil....pro coil or SEF coil. Ain't this hobby great? ;D Man it's helped me get through some tough times :thumbsup:
Keep on poppin' out the shiny stuff my friend.
-Bryce

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Ugh you make me SICK Angry!!!

Just kidding, keep up the good work man, you have truly mastered that machine.

Thanks, Kiros32. Good luck to you in Colonial county.

A gorgeous Merc, Roseys, a silver nickel & plenty o' wheats!! thumbsup thumbsup Ya can tell the player without a scorecard, but here it is anyway....

Captn Dan's Scorecard

Congrats Captn!!!

Thanks, KimsDad! Your scorecard is correct.

Thanks, AA Battery!

Great hunt Capn. Thats alot of silver. Mega Wheats also. Veddy veddy good my man.
Chris

Sank you, veddy, veddy much, Chris!! ;D

Keep it going Dan.....That is an unbelievable amount of silver you've pulled from those park's.To tell you the truth,it look's like there might be an SE X-Mas this year Grin Best of Luck to you on #29

Thanks, Civil. An SE X-mas? Wow, I bet you can't wait!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on the 28th consecutive silver, does the SE in your screen name stand for Silver Extractor? It should, because you surely are WTG thumbsup
Glenn

Thanks, Glenn!! Yeah, Silver Extractor sounds good!! ::)

Dan you are the silver man. Best of luck on # 29.

Thanks, TopPopTop!! I will try my best on #29, as always.

Keep sucking that ground dry Captn!
I always enjoy your post and I know that if there is silver to be found you are definately the one to find it.

Great finds.
Rob ~ Out

Thanks, Rob!! Appreciate that!! Good luck to you too!!

Dan ..

You keep going like this & you will soon be able to bank roll the 700 billion for the govt... Grin

Righteously Done My Friend ...

~ Nick ~

Thanks, Nick! ;D ;D I don't think anything will help the mess we're in. :-[
Good luck to you out there, my friend!! :thumbsup:

May have to look into that coil one of these days.

One of these days?? You should be running out to get it!! ;D ;D Thanks, MB!!

Yes, Dan..... We know the routine. By the way, you did great as usual

Thanks, CrazyJarHead!! Good luck to you at your homesites!!

Way to go Dan. You are on a serious streak my friend. I for one...would like to see you end the year with a perfect 100% silver record...and I bet you do. If I remember correctly...my sef coil has only "punked" me out one time since I got it Grin...there's been silver every other time. I gotta' find some time to take the pro coil for a walk...but I just can't pry the SEF off the SE yet Grin
It's a no lose situation for me...pro coil or SEF coil....pro coil or SEF coil. Ain't this hobby great? Grin Man it's helped me get through some tough times thumbsup
Keep on poppin' out the shiny stuff my friend.
-Bryce

Thanks, Bryce!! Yeah, I know you've been killing it with that SEF of yours. I know last year, I had a long streak going with my 1050, but I never kept track. Yes, it's a great hobby when you're able to see old coins popping out of sites left and right!! Get out there, buddy, and let it all go!! A 9" silver or 10" Injun is good therapy both mentally and physically.

I just can't stop, Dan!

That was cool!!!! ;D ;D Thanks, Kyle!! I think you just broke the record for the most emoticons on one reply!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hi Dan!

Wow ~ I'm starting to think that your silver finds will never end! That's AWESOME!!! So many silver from one park ~ has nobody ever detected it before? Or is it so big that it just isn't possible to hunt it out? KEEP IT UP DUDE!!!

8^)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Koil King!!! :icon_king:
There will be no more silver left in Calif soon. :wink:
Can we expect a movie on #30? Have GA take a day off work to film it. :tongue3:
Congrats,
Doug
P.S. No cut up coins this time? :icon_scratch:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Yet you seem to amaze me everytime you get silver and wheaties! I am going to come down there one day and we will have a competition to see who gets the most silver :thumbsup: One of these days during the summer it will happen and I will be able to ketch up to you :thumbsup: You and silverfreak are truley incredible dudes! Your my idols along with many other members on treasurenet! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread