BigWaveDave
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 22, 2013
- Messages
- 9,946
- Reaction score
- 19,958
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Got a permission, from a lady about to sell her house... Got to beeping, I find a fat silver ring! A big chunky, with initials HD on it...Harley Davidson? Awesome! So then the neighbor comes snooping along, up in my business, yes I have permission, blah blah blah... So then I show her my clad, trash, and ring.
Half hour later, comes back, goes on and on how she knows the previous owners from 10 years ago, the ring belonged to the son who lost it, his initials, and has the kids mom on the phone, asking for the ring back...


I was torn between keeping MY ring, or give it up to this nosy troll...
Lesson learned...keep my big mouth shut!
So I parted with the ring, as it wasn't worth the fight. Fact is, in my pocket was another goody, this one I am keeping. Marked 950...


My first silver cross... Almost 7 grams, so that's good...
Also, a whopping $7.04 in clad, 17 wheats, a Rosie, Washington, and a 45 D nickel....
Here, every lawn holds a .50 caliber bullet, this one had two....
Thanks for looking!
Half hour later, comes back, goes on and on how she knows the previous owners from 10 years ago, the ring belonged to the son who lost it, his initials, and has the kids mom on the phone, asking for the ring back...



I was torn between keeping MY ring, or give it up to this nosy troll...
Lesson learned...keep my big mouth shut!
So I parted with the ring, as it wasn't worth the fight. Fact is, in my pocket was another goody, this one I am keeping. Marked 950...


My first silver cross... Almost 7 grams, so that's good...
Also, a whopping $7.04 in clad, 17 wheats, a Rosie, Washington, and a 45 D nickel....

Here, every lawn holds a .50 caliber bullet, this one had two....

Thanks for looking!

Upvote
50
Sometimes it makes your stomach flip-flop when you do the right thing. You count it as a "Recovery and Return," call the local paper and give them the old lady's name and address and the owner, tell them your story with the slant that metal detectors reunite people with their memories, history, and valuable keepsakes EVERYDAY across the United States. Congratulations BWD! Well Done! 







