Narthoniel
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 1, 2008
- Messages
- 1,755
- Reaction score
- 6
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Virginia Beach
- Detector(s) used
- Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,
Rain day = no work, so a nickle hunting I shall go! Picked up $400 in nickles yesterday, and my wife found $150 today, so, lots of hunting! My dump bank just loves me!
So far, I have hunted through 2 boxes, and I will update as I hunt each box to come.
Box 1 and 2 had the following goodies!
2 1950!!
1951d
Dateless Buffalo
1943p Silver
1938 that appears to have been run over, mauled, and chewed on by a dog. Barely readable date, but, it is my second 1938!
Box 3 was fairly slow. No big finds at all, so I am a bit let down. But, the first two boxes were great! Probably won't do more until tomorrow. Time to sleep soon so I can catch the 2 am low tide
. CRH comes second to MDing afterall.
Box 4 was slower than molasses. Very few keepers, and no key or semi key dates. Not a thing at all worth mentioning, almost dumped the last 15 rolls for spite.
The last $150 that my wife picked up were much nicer than the last 2 boxes. Somehow she always finds the good ones
. 2 1952s and a 1946s made up the low mintage finds! I also scored another BUFFALO! This one has a barely ledgible date, and appears to be 1929. Also found a few neat foreign coins for the collection
.
Rain day = no work, so a nickle hunting I shall go! Picked up $400 in nickles yesterday, and my wife found $150 today, so, lots of hunting! My dump bank just loves me!

So far, I have hunted through 2 boxes, and I will update as I hunt each box to come.
Box 1 and 2 had the following goodies!
2 1950!!
1951d
Dateless Buffalo
1943p Silver
1938 that appears to have been run over, mauled, and chewed on by a dog. Barely readable date, but, it is my second 1938!
Box 3 was fairly slow. No big finds at all, so I am a bit let down. But, the first two boxes were great! Probably won't do more until tomorrow. Time to sleep soon so I can catch the 2 am low tide
. CRH comes second to MDing afterall.Box 4 was slower than molasses. Very few keepers, and no key or semi key dates. Not a thing at all worth mentioning, almost dumped the last 15 rolls for spite.
The last $150 that my wife picked up were much nicer than the last 2 boxes. Somehow she always finds the good ones
. 2 1952s and a 1946s made up the low mintage finds! I also scored another BUFFALO! This one has a barely ledgible date, and appears to be 1929. Also found a few neat foreign coins for the collection
.Attachments
Upvote
0







