What's new

58 Gardner?

Riggleman

Full Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
1,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for about 2 hrs. I told my buddy at work I was gonna find a Confederate camp, I've found a sword hilt and confederate horse bit near my house but nothing else CW. So today I found my third Confederate item. They were here I just haven't gotten on the sweet spot. I'm not the best on bullets but the diameter comes out a around 59 or 60 and the weight is 1.18 ounces.
 

Attachments

  • 1481737711111.webp
    1481737711111.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 1481737730503.webp
    1481737730503.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 1481737742353.webp
    1481737742353.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 1481737777172.webp
    1481737777172.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 1481737789902.webp
    1481737789902.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 1481737809573.webp
    1481737809573.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 12
Fired CS Gardner
 
Forgot to ask but are these rare. I found it in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. In the middle of the woods, very random and lucky find. Yankee stuff has proven to be abundant but Confederate is scarce
 
Very nice dig, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Forgot to ask but are these rare. I found it in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. In the middle of the woods, very random and lucky find. Yankee stuff has proven to be abundant but Confederate is scarce
Not a rare Confederate bullet, probably the most common of the "true" CS bullets. I have found them in .54 and .58 in Jefferson County WV, and in Culpeper County, VA. A .69 Gardner is a more rare variety.
 
Any Confederate find is a great find! Congrats

HH RN
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom