What's new

58 grams of .925, and some old stuff

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IH, you were right there was some more Silver in my future... are you a damn Sikick (psychic) ?

Anyway to the start of the story, I got to the spot I wanted to hunt, I mentioned a couple of days ago about 10 AM this AM, found a lot of trash, can slaw, and maybe even some cap gun parts. sorry threw those away. After about 90 minutes I got a very decent NS 1/2 Penny 1832 token which lifted my spirits. So I went on to find a few buttons here, and there as well, with much junq. in between, junq not shown.

So I was getting buttons often enough to keep me interested, but as stated in the very short video, there was lots of modern trash on top of the old "stuff". I continued on and got a very decent "ONE STIVER" copper, only found one before, and this one is in much better condition. Then after many light bulb bottoms, and can slaw was I ready to go somewhere else, did I find another good signal, and I can admit, that this is a much greater surprise than the spoon from the other day, a VERY HEAVY CHAIN was pulled from the earth. This is the best Jewlery Find I ever made. I think I may wear it...at least for awhile. (I'm wearing it now)

Hope "the story" not too long for the most of the readers ?

I had a great time, and as of Oct 14 it was pretty warm around here @ about 17 C pretty warm for cold country today.



frame-1640-4.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1641.webp
    IMG_1641.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1642.webp
    IMG_1642.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 314
  • frame-1639-1.webp
    frame-1639-1.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1645.webp
    IMG_1645.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Upvote 34
58 grams of sterling...I'd take that all day...man ur killing it still!!

Thanks Nepa...this one is like 11 common quarters...HAHA ! but maybe not so common ?
 
Now I'm saying that good things come in threes! !
Decent chunk of silver you got there and a stiver that's not all beat is good too!

Thanks Mr. Horse,
If good things come in threes...tell me will my next Silver item be 80+ grams ? ...I'm starting to believe in sikick...hehe.
 
Seems I'm used to wearing it already...don't even notice it's there. I will admid there is maybe the smallest amount of damage, the links don't always want to "smooth" out, but they will, and do. Again I am so happy to have found this nice pieec of jewlery.


Thanks everyone.


PS since I'm thinking it might as well say so, you know how everyone always wants a year older, or a grade better, this time my wish is that the Silver was Gold, 14-18 K would do.
In all ahonesty the sterling in that amount of weight it very satisfying. Anytime you break a record you are doing well!


Great hunt Rick, liking the coinage and they're in pretty good shape also. Killer chunk of chain a great keeper!
 
Wow Rick that is one nice hunk of silver there:headbang:
Looks very high quality made for sure i would wear that baby all the time..Nice piece of man Decor...
Not to mention those coins are in nice shape as well..

~Blaze~
 
What a chunk of silver Rick! Great find, and I like those other 1800s coins and relics as well. Definitely a site worth hitting again.
 
You have been pulling your weight in silver lately Rick. Once the price of silver goes up you'll be able to retire, LOL. Nice coppers BTW :thumbsup:
 
Wow Rick, that's an awesome find. I am hoping I can get out on Sunday (don't think I'll be diving) I will give you a call tomorrow night.
ZDD
 
That is an awesome find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom