What's new

6 boxes of dimes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All skunks!!!! 1 of the boxes was all 2008p's - LOL
Plenty of dimes from the 60's but nothing older than 1965.
Gonna keep on lookin though, can't get the silver unless you look... :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0
just curious as to how you are searching these. By edges or are you looking at the dates?
 
Both, if I see copper on edge then I toss in the reject bag, but if I dont see clear copper I toss it aside and check the dates on by one. I look at about 1/2 of the dime's dates, I am finding a huge amount from the 60's but nothing older than 65.
 
That stinks. I've had 3-4 box stretches with no silver, but nothing as long as 6.

Hope the next batch is better!

~Dave
 
What kind of rolls are you searching (where'd they originate). I got my first box of new dimes last month, wow was I spooked! I quit for a month. Ordered 8 boxes coming next month.
I've probably search 70 boxes of dimes scince may. You can find Barbers, Mercurys, and Canadian silver. A word of advice.....for me,it's the thrill of the hunt. It's probably cheaper to go out and buy them. I want to see if i can fill the Roosevelt silver book, and I'm eight away. AMC
 
I have only found silver dimes when I bought bags from the machine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom