6 hour hunt at a new spot

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went out yesterday in the cold,mid thirties to check out a new spot i was told it was used during the civil war period here by troops training.was too excited to worry about the cold.i found the 1941 silver quarter first then the 1842 large cent and the rest thru out the day.the dime is unreadable and the colonial coins came out not too bad but the one that baffles me is the 1911 barber quarter.it almost looks counterfeit because of the condition.is that a bullet at the top. the wedding band was dark but i can see some gold coming thru.no military stuff but a nice range of coins.

Attachments

• SANY0067.JPG
    SANY0067.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 650
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Missouri_John said:
It looks like you found some short of sharps bullet carved into a chess piece

That's what I was going to say,,, looks as though someone had enough time to play some chess... ;D

Awesome finds too pigeonman, Congrats!
Looks like that site will be a good one for sure...
That Barber quarter looks like it has been ate up by acid or something?.. I've never seen one look like that before...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

T

TreasurdiggrNY

:o That's a fantastic haul of finds, the 1842 is very nice, looks like a couple others with enough detail to ID. Great hunt :thumbsup: You're on a great spot, Good Luck!!
Glenn

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bullet is a contemporary Thompson Center Maxiball. You can buy them at the local gunshops. Monty

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on some nice finds,I'd say your Barber Quarter might have been in a fire??

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like KGII, and KGIII, under the bullet. Nice finds! Congrats....Hogge :thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug several Barbers that are in that same condition. When they come out of the ground, the top and bottom of the coin flake off and they get that rough appearance. Mine were in watery muck, but maybe that happens even when they are in dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread