Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I tried to get out over the weekend...but my headcold won't go away ???...and it can't decide whether or not to stay in my head or go to my chest...or just annoy both parts at the SAME freakin' time. :angry4: :angry5:
Anyway...I didn't get out until this morning but at least I got to hunt all day. :wink: I met up with a buddy at one of the parks he hunts ..and there are still some hits left...but most of the stuff is mixed in with trash....and it is all in the 8" to 10" depth range. :thumbsup:
After only 45 minutes...his boss called and asked him to fill in for someone...so I was left to hunt alone. He managed a roosey and a wheatie in that short time. :thumbsup:
I kept on pluggin' along after he left and had gotten a couple of wheaties...and a rabies tag from 9" down...when I came upon a section full of iron. The SE started to null on me..so I slowed to a near standstill...and just crept the coil along. :thumbsup: After 15 minutes or so I got a nice high pitched warble through the silence..and it was deep. :thumbsup: I dug a nice 8" plug then ran the probe...and it sang. :tongue3: I dug a little clod out ...and was pleasantly surprised to see TWO shiny little critters in the clod...both roosies. :icon_sunny: A nice little silver spill from 8" which was great...but it also made me realize that if the roosies were at 8"...then the older goodies were going to be deeper. ::)
After creeping through the iron patch..I made it into some cleaner ground towards an old concrete foundation of some type. I hunted here for close to 2 hours and popped out 2 mercs an injun...and a few wheaties. :thumbsup:Both mercs were in heavy trash and gave goofy sounding hits...but there was a higher warble mixed in. Upon closer investigation...and a quick few "wiggles" over the pinpointed spot...the warble repeated...and sounded much better over both targets. :icon_cheers: :headbang:
Also hiding in the trash was a broken sterling silver bracelet. :thumbsup: Funny thing about it ...is that it looks like someone actually cut it in half. :-\ Maybe a disgruntled girlfriend or boyfriend? I hunted all over this area looking for the other half.. but found nothing. ???
Towards the end of the day I hunted along the outer edges of the park...and that's where I got the best find.
It was a deep, warbly chirp that would have definately been missed if I wasn't creeping. :thumbsup: When I paused and investigated it though...it repeated almost all the way around. It was faint...repeated...and the depth meter was bare...yippee. :blob1:
After digging a 9" plug and still hearing the probe sing...I plucked out a clod another inch down. :tard: I then crumbled the clod and out popped the Barber dime. :icon_sunny: I could tell it was sweet because I could see nice details on the wreath of the reverse. I didn't touch it though until I got home...where I rinsed it with warm water. A shiny, detailed 1902 O Barber dime with FULL liberty emerged from the mucky water. :thumbsup: :sunny:
I ended up with 2 Roosies...2 mercs...the sweet Barber...2 injuns...some wheaties...and half a bracelet. ;D
Thanks for sharing this with me...and good luck popping some more deepies out before the ground freezes. :tard: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• coins137.jpg
    coins137.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,236
  • coins138.jpg
    coins138.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,228
  • coins139.jpg
    coins139.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,269
  • coins140.jpg
    coins140.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,259
Upvote 0
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bryce that Barber is Delectably Delicious ... :thumbsup:

Rock On with Your Bad Boy Warbly Signal Silver Finding Self ...

Hope you feel better soon my good friend ...

A Stellar High Five ~ Nick
Thanks my brother. The bad weather season is upon us my friend ???
The head cold I have is pretty nasty...kind of like a bad hangover ;D
Take care bro :thumbsup:

WTG Bryce, Looks like you had a great hunt. Love the Barber Dime. :thumbsup:

excellent finds silverfreak ! congrats :o and i hope you get over that cold soon ;D bad weather is here for us also but i hope to get out a few more times :icon_sunny: and your right ! that barber is SWEET :thumbsup:

Looks like a great day Bryce, that barber is sweet. I have got to get you to show me that sound you are hearing to pluck out those deep ones. Good luck with the cold and your next hunt. I don't feel so good today either I hope I am not getting a cold. HH
JDD

WTG Bryce. It must be really cold up there in Ill. The weather man said 40 here today and at 3 pm it was only 30. I think meteorologist are only right 10 percent of the time. I could do better guessing by just going outside and looking into the sky. Frozen crust on top. I was going to brave the cold but cancelled. Nice Barber..... shes a beauty :thumbsup: Don't get pneumonia. HH Ron

Re: Out of town park gave up a BLAZER Barber dime...injuns...and some more silve

WTG Bryce,Glad you got out and found some good stuff it makes you forget how bad you feel.Congrats on the Barber and the other silver !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great haul and mix of finds Bryce :thumbsup: Man that Barber is in fine shape, what a beauty :icon_thumleft:
Glenn

Man, I haven't dug a dime that didn't have some form of crap on it, that thang looks like a tiny mirror. Way to go!

Bryce, all I can say is you done it again :o

I don't know if I'd love or hate to see your coin collection ;D but I know it's a tribute to the man who really knows his machine inside and out!

Hope you feel better soon..my illness started a week before Halloween..now the wife's got some kind of bug :icon_scratch: So for what it's worth, you're not alone..these up-and-down temperature swings don't make it any better.

Take care and congrads on the finds :thumbsup:

Nat

Wow, Bryce!! Once again you prove that you are the master of that SE!! :o

A great group of coins, and that Barber is bodacious!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Take care of yourself. I had a sinus infection that split & sent half into my lungs. I lost two weeks of my life (at least of hunting) on it. Get better soon!!
Neil

Nice day's hunt, congrats for sure. Nice to find a nice O mint Barber, not to mention the coins. I've been fighting a head cold myself, but will be out swingin my next day off. I hope to get some "warbly" hits myself. ;D :thumbsup:

Bryce, it doesn't seem to matter if you're well or sick. The finds are always fantastic!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is a very sweet barber dime you found!! :o ::)

Like Ron said, take care of yourself....you don't want to get pneumonia. :'( There's not going to be very much competition for those 10" coins in your area. They will be there, waiting for you to dig them up when you decide to go back.

Congrats, buddy!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Awesome job bud - congrats!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fantastic finds SF! :o That Barber's a beauty! Hope ya feel bettter soon. :)

Nana :wink:

That is a blazer! So here's the conversation Sunday:
DrDetector: How deep do you usually find older coins?
Me: Usually no more than 4-5 inches. I've never found anything like silverfreak; he's getting them 9, 10, 11 inches.
The Dr knew right away what I was talking about, also being an avid TNet follower! Another good batch of finds!

kimsdad said:
Wow, Bryce!! Once again you prove that you are the master of that SE!! :o

A great group of coins, and that Barber is bodacious!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Take care of yourself. I had a sinus infection that split & sent half into my lungs. I lost two weeks of my life (at least of hunting) on it. Get better soon!!
Neil
Thanks Neil. Yep...I think my cold took the fork in the road too,,,cause it split as well ;D

Natman said:
Bryce, all I can say is you done it again :o

I don't know if I'd love or hate to see your coin collection ;D but I know it's a tribute to the man who really knows his machine inside and out!

Hope you feel better soon..my illness started a week before Halloween..now the wife's got some kind of bug :icon_scratch: So for what it's worth, you're not alone..these up-and-down temperature swings don't make it any better.

Take care and congrads on the finds :thumbsup:

Nat
Thanks Nat. Mine just keeps lingering around. Of course hunting all day today probably didn't help much ;D

curbdiggercarl57 said:
Man, I haven't dug a dime that didn't have some form of crap on it, that thang looks like a tiny mirror. Way to go!
Thanks CDC. Usually my Barbers are pretty worn too...but this one I got lucky on :thumbsup:

TreasurdiggrNY said:
Great haul and mix of finds Bryce :thumbsup: Man that Barber is in fine shape, what a beauty :icon_thumleft:
Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I was delighted once the muck cleared in the water...and I got a good look at it :icon_sunny:

t-bucket said:
WTG Bryce,Glad you got out and found some good stuff it makes you forget how bad you feel.Congrats on the Barber and the other silver !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks G-Money. I forgot about the cold until the DayQuil wore off about an hour ago ;D

Dman said:
That's one sweet barber dime . Way to go.
Dman
Thanks Dman. I hope you've been getting some hunt time in my friend :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead said:
WTG Bryce. It must be really cold up there in Ill. The weather man said 40 here today and at 3 pm it was only 30. I think meteorologist are only right 10 percent of the time. I could do better guessing by just going outside and looking into the sky. Frozen crust on top. I was going to brave the cold but cancelled. Nice Barber..... shes a beauty :thumbsup: Don't get pneumonia. HH Ron
Thanks Ron. I know the feeling...I just couldn't get myself out of the house the last 7 days...but I just couldn't take it any more. It was supposed to be about 48 today...but I bet it didn't get past 38 to 40...and the wind was whipping.

John Deere Digger said:
Looks like a great day Bryce, that barber is sweet. I have got to get you to show me that sound you are hearing to pluck out those deep ones. Good luck with the cold and your next hunt. I don't feel so good today either I hope I am not getting a cold. HH
JDD
Thanks JDD. Take care of that cold or it will turn into a nasty one like mine.

weasel606 said:
excellent finds silverfreak ! congrats :o and i hope you get over that cold soon ;D bad weather is here for us also but i hope to get out a few more times :icon_sunny: and your right ! that barber is SWEET :thumbsup:
Thanks weasel. I hope the weather holds out a little longer for us :thumbsup:

halfdime said:
That is a blazer! So here's the conversation Sunday:
DrDetector: How deep do you usually find older coins?
Me: Usually no more than 4-5 inches. I've never found anything like silverfreak; he's getting them 9, 10, 11 inches.
The Dr knew right away what I was talking about, also being an avid TNet follower! Another good batch of finds!
;D :D Thanks HD. I needed a good chuckle this evening :thumbsup: ;D

Nana40 said:
Fantastic finds SF! :o That Barber's a beauty! Hope ya feel bettter soon. :)

Nana :wink:
Thanks Nana

TreasureFiend said:
Awesome job bud - congrats!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Fiend

Captn_SE said:
Bryce, it doesn't seem to matter if you're well or sick. The finds are always fantastic!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is a very sweet barber dime you found!! :o ::)

Like Ron said, take care of yourself....you don't want to get pneumonia. :'( There's not going to be very much competition for those 10" coins in your area. They will be there, waiting for you to dig them up when you decide to go back.

Congrats, buddy!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. I had been cooped up since last week and just honestly couldn't take it any more ;D I'm worried about about how I'll keep from going stir crazy this winter :tongue3: ...Of course YOU don't have to worry about that do you my friend? :wink:

daytondigger said:
Nice day's hunt, congrats for sure. Nice to find a nice O mint Barber, not to mention the coins. I've been fighting a head cold myself, but will be out swingin my next day off. I hope to get some "warbly" hits myself. ;D :thumbsup:
Thanks Double D. I had to get out...head cold or not...I just couldn't take it any longer ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back