What's new

6 inch deep pennie size target

liftloop

Silver Member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
3,160
Reaction score
390
Golden Thread
0
Location
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who in there right mind would say that a 6 inch deep target is deep. 6 inch deep target is not considered deep. all most all 100.00 detector will go down 6 inches. My mxt found a 1944 quarter at about 8 inches and it hit hard on that quarter. but I still would not call that deep.may be if I found that quarter at 12" I would call that deep.
 
It's not impossible to find a coin at 10 - 12 inches, it depends on the size, soil conditions, halo, thickness, etc.
6 inches is considered deep. Most targets dug are 4 inches or less.
 
I am still new, so I would probably dig it. My MXT Pro has a hrd time with targets more than six inches, we live in an area of a lot of iron, and red clay like soils. I guess it is hard to penetrate.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom