What's new

6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!! Video added

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out again with Bilt46 to the woods lookin for some silvers and was rewarded for my efforts BIGTIME!!!! I got a bouncy signal that went from quarter to iron so I quickly dug my plug and at 6 inches out pops this bad boy!!! When I say the date and the mint mark I knew it was a great find.!!! :icon_pirat:

​
 

Attachments

  • 3-18-10 001.webp
    3-18-10 001.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 3-18-10 002.webp
    3-18-10 002.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 3-18-10 003.webp
    3-18-10 003.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 289
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

WTG, Kermit!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Outstanding standing!

Makes up for that other one from under the root...

She's a beauty! :wink:
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

Now THAT'S a quarter!!

and she's the hottest one I've ever seen from the woods 8)
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

watercolor said:
Now THAT'S a quarter!!

and she's the hottest one I've ever seen from the woods 8)

That's a tuff call. Jon's has a little less wear in some of the raised areas such a ladies head but the key date of Kermit's is unmatched. Regardless that one hell of a SLQ. WTG Kermit!
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

That's it. I going to start hiding in the trees and following Kermit !!!
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

I just had to stop by and gaze at that beauty again. . . :)
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

Man, is that one is sharp! Nice going home with what, a $175 coin? :o

Great hunt TF :thumbsup:
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

Wow, Wow, Wow! That's a beautiful SLQ. Your kicking butt this year Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

Holy Cow Kermit!! Been on cloud 9 all day? what a nice coin, make sure to look over your shoulder before entering that woods next time, you might see some of us waiting. Keep getting them TF
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

CONGRATS ON AN AWESOME COIN,WTG!
 
Re: 6hr hunt ~ PERFECT key date SLQ!!!

Thanks guys, man was I suprised when this baby came out of the hole!!! :laughing9:
I got this one on vido, before and after cleaning it, im uploading it to youtube right now. :icon_pirat:
 
Way to go Kermit! Three awesome quarters in three consecutive hunts. You can't ask for more. I'm sure that 1800's silver is just around the corner. !
 
Lookn4seated said:
Way to go Kermit! Three awesome quarters in three consecutive hunts. You can't ask for more. I'm sure that 1800's silver is just around the corner. !

Thanks, I sure hope so!!! :laughing9:
 
Awesome Job Fiend! :thumbsup:
That Quarter should be a banner find! It may not be the find of a lifetime, but it is definitely the find of at least a decade. Sure beats a merry widow.
 
Great Video! It's great to see it on video especially when it's a great coin like that. It's something you can look back at when our memory starts to fail us, you can watch it happen all over again. :icon_thumright:
 
You are really on a silver quarter hot streak! That is a really nice coin! Congratulations!
 
Yup, making the gillie suit so I can hide in those woods...LOL. I NEED to follow that guy. Or at least start to learn my SE. Maybe out to a tot lot at least on Friday.
 
Awesome coin!
I would almost be willing to trade my 2pac medal for that thing. Almost.

Great job NOT rubbing that coin :-)
 
Thanks again everyone!!! I am just digging the iffy signals that most people skip right over. I really wasn't expecting on actuially finding a silver when I dug this particular signal, but it sounded like a rusty nail signal (thud-squeeek, thud-squeek, thud squeek, thud-squeak) I figured that maybe if im lucky it will be a dime or something next to a nail. I am working on SLOOOOOWING my swing WAAAAAAY down to a snals pace so I can compete with everybody else at the Chicago parks. :icon_pirat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom