7" Hunting Knife

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting for gold specimens at a remote spot in the Santa Rita mountains of southern Arizona yesterday and found this knife. I've never found a large knife before so I thought I'd post it. The handle is completely gone so it must have been wood. The bird head, escutcheon and rivets appear to be aluminum thus the knife could not be very old. The base of the blade has "Mexico" stamped on it. This is likely an inexpensive hunting knife lost a number of decades ago. The blade has no nicks or scratches so I think the knife was near new when lost. I'm going to clean it up and attempt to wrap cord on it to form a new handle.

Attachments

• 7 Inch Hunting Knife.JPG
    7 Inch Hunting Knife.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 23

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an interesting find! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting for gold specimens at a remote spot in the Santa Rita mountains of southern Arizona yesterday and found this knife. I've never found a large knife before so I thought I'd post it. The handle is completely gone so it must have been wood. The bird head, escutcheon and rivets appear to be aluminum thus the knife could not be very old. The base of the blade has "Mexico" stamped on it. This is likely an inexpensive hunting knife lost a number of decades ago. The blade has no nicks or scratches so I think the knife was near new when lost. I'm going to clean it up and attempt to wrap cord on it to form a new handle.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread