7 more hunts with the Equinox new user notes

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
pic from last 7 hunts...

First nothing spectacular or jaw dropping...lol... Added $17.91 in clad...pushing my total to $41.53 counting two hunts with the DFX.

Added 3 wheaties all in the 1950's...total for year 5... 2 junk rings pushing my ring total to 5....2 silver....

A very large what I tought was a token... but it is actually a very large school metal for volleyball...which after cleaning I could read it...

A 1957-d nickel and a Bicentennial quarter...

Notes
sad.gif
For new users potential buyers...

I still like the weight of the unit and the nice clear display...

I have been using the 6 inch coil due to the trash infested areas....

A few things on the readings I do not like... again the depth meter not accurate.. more of an estimate...

The readings continue to only be used as a back up now to the tones

A few solid signals were foolers... had a quarter come in at 33... usually getting 29/30...
The large school metal came in at 31...
The junk rings both came in with a bouncy 19...

The only true readings for me seem to be the nickel, dime and normally the quarter which has a very easy tone to listen for...

Again tons of tiny ...and I mean tiny pieces of metal being picked up...

I almost feel like the equinox is more calibrated by the size of the item then anything else...some of the readings zincolns are all over (16-26)...

Three more hunts and I am going to make a few adjustments... tried a few basic ones... and I continue to run best sensitivity wise between 17 and 20...

Attachments

• 3 26 22 last 7 hunts clad.jpg
    3 26 22 last 7 hunts clad.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 3 26 22 last 7 hunts rings wheaties....jpg
    3 26 22 last 7 hunts rings wheaties....jpg
    32 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 2

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic from last 7 hunts...

First nothing spectacular or jaw dropping...lol... Added $17.91 in clad...pushing my total to $41.53 counting two hunts with the DFX.

Added 3 wheaties all in the 1950's...total for year 5... 2 junk rings pushing my ring total to 5....2 silver....

A very large what I tought was a token... but it is actually a very large school metal for volleyball...which after cleaning I could read it...

A 1957-d nickel and a Bicentennial quarter...

Notes
sad.gif
For new users potential buyers...

I still like the weight of the unit and the nice clear display...

I have been using the 6 inch coil due to the trash infested areas....

A few things on the readings I do not like... again the depth meter not accurate.. more of an estimate...

The readings continue to only be used as a back up now to the tones

A few solid signals were foolers... had a quarter come in at 33... usually getting 29/30...
The large school metal came in at 31...
The junk rings both came in with a bouncy 19...

The only true readings for me seem to be the nickel, dime and normally the quarter which has a very easy tone to listen for...

Again tons of tiny ...and I mean tiny pieces of metal being picked up...

I almost feel like the equinox is more calibrated by the size of the item then anything else...some of the readings zincolns are all over (16-26)...

Three more hunts and I am going to make a few adjustments... tried a few basic ones... and I continue to run best sensitivity wise between 17 and 20...
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread