What's new

70d club

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
'70d club

Found my first '70d of the year and my second overall in two years of roll hunting. I have found 3 '70s also. Lets see how many '70d and '70s have been found by all of us. Semper Fi
 
Upvote 0
Re: '70d club

I found a 70s once

HH
-GC
 
Re: '70d club

congrats, not in that club yet sorry
 
Re: '70d club

5 months of CRH and still looking for my first. :notworthy:
 
Re: '70d club

About a year ago when my wife took me as hostage to a Wallmart. Tiny bank inside, teller had one half. 1970 d
Made it all worthwhile. ffd
 
Re: '70d club

I've found three 70d and two 70s - one of the 70d was from a teller's tray, the rest were from customer rolls.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: '70d club

Got one a few months back.
 
Re: '70d club

4 70d, 5 70s in 10 years of searching.
 
Re: '70d club

After 13 months have not found one yet. But I will.
HH
Rich
 
Re: '70d club

One '70d for me.
 
Re: '70d club

4 70D and 3 70S; Funny thing that I found 11 69S.
 
Re: '70d club

DrDetector said:
1 70D and 1 70S in about 13 years of hunting

How was it 13 yrs ago? More customer rolls? More silver? More walkers? Tell us about it!
 
Re: '70d club

Yinzi50 said:
DrDetector said:
1 70D and 1 70S in about 13 years of hunting

How was it 13 yrs ago? More customer rolls? More silver? More walkers? Tell us about it!

I only did customer rolls, didn't get boxes back then. I was in college from 2000-2005 so that took basically all of my free time. I used to go out with an old roommate of mine a lot on road trips and we'd routinely come back with 100's of silvers. But the 40%ers you could only sell for like $25 a roll or so. It wasn't as profitable as it is today. Now you turn $2 profit basically each 40% you find and $5.50 or so each 90%. Up until around 2006 or so you were basically only able to sell 40%ers for $20 a roll or maybe $25 a roll on Ebay, but then subtract fees and such.

My best score was in 1999...it was 7 rolls of Walkers and Franklins with a 1906-O and a 1907 Barber as well. At the time the coin shop I went to was buying 90% coins for like 5 or 6 times face but I decided to keep them all rather than selling. But the 1970D and 70S have come in boxes within the last 2 years. Got the 70D first then the 70S. Still waiting on a 69S.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom