What's new

79 year young Dad

Tesorodeoro

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5,164
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad and I just finished a 3-1/2 mile hike. Straight up 1200 feet in elevation then back down the same. Sounds easier than it was. We covered a bunch of ground I’d rather not have. My pads are still hot. I got stuck in a 500’ wide patch of dense 10’ tall blue brush. Thick! Tumbled 20 down the hill through dead brush. When I stopped, I really did check for holes. Then did I have my tools still and then was my gun still on the hip.

Dad found a half dozen bits of gold. I got skunked.

Great day despite being beat tonight.

Gotta give him respect for being able to do that without problems.

I thought we were in some crappy steep country nobody would want to be, then I found this in a brush thicket. What the heck?! There is NOTHING here. No roads, no trails. Just a steep rocky mountain covered in thick brush.
IMG_6145.webp


I hope their Dad brought extra shoes! The poison oak was thick in the draws but no leaves yet.
 
Upvote 0
My dad and I just finished a 3-1/2 mile hike. Straight up 1200 feet in elevation then back down the same. Sounds easier than it was. We covered a bunch of ground I’d rather not have. My pads are still hot. I got stuck in a 500’ wide patch of dense 10’ tall blue brush. Thick! Tumbled 20 down the hill through dead brush. When I stopped, I really did check for holes. Then did I have my tools still and then was my gun still on the hip.

Dad found a half dozen bits of gold. I got skunked.

Great day despite being beat tonight.

Gotta give him respect for being able to do that without problems.

I thought we were in some crappy steep country nobody would want to be, then I found this in a brush thicket. What the heck?! There is NOTHING here. No roads, no trails. Just a steep rocky mountain covered in thick brush. View attachment 2247603

I hope their Dad brought extra shoes! The poison oak was thick in the draws but no leaves yet.
Let's see the bits of gold instead of a rotten boot. :laughing7:
Could have been another previous tumble down the hillside, or an animal taking a souvenir from somebody.
Good to hear you didn't hurt yourself.
 
If I had found anything more than bullets I’d post up the pics.
 
My dad and I just finished a 3-1/2 mile hike. Straight up 1200 feet in elevation then back down the same. Sounds easier than it was. We covered a bunch of ground I’d rather not have. My pads are still hot. I got stuck in a 500’ wide patch of dense 10’ tall blue brush. Thick! Tumbled 20 down the hill through dead brush. When I stopped, I really did check for holes. Then did I have my tools still and then was my gun still on the hip.

Dad found a half dozen bits of gold. I got skunked.

Great day despite being beat tonight.

Gotta give him respect for being able to do that without problems.

I thought we were in some crappy steep country nobody would want to be, then I found this in a brush thicket. What the heck?! There is NOTHING here. No roads, no trails. Just a steep rocky mountain covered in thick brush. View attachment 2247603

I hope their Dad brought extra shoes! The poison oak was thick in the draws but no leaves yet.lol Those kneepads took a beating
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom