What's new

🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Ring lost for 25 years found.

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,176
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uncle Bob was clearing brush from around his lake house and tossing it off the edge of the property. Afterward, he noticed his gold ring was missing off his finger. Naturally, he searched the two main areas where he tossed the stuff, but, the brush was deep and thick, not going to happen. Years later, I heard about the loss and made a search when my wife and I were in town visiting. The first hunt was a bit limited due to time, plus the brush was still tall and hard to detect. I did the best I could with just the vague recollection as to where he had been on the 2+ acre property and the actual spots where he may have thrown the debris. Well, uncle Bob passed away about 3 years ago, but, aunt Lois was still hoping the sentimental ring would be found. My wife and I returned for another family visit last week and I made another stab at finding Bob's ring. This time, I had a bit more time (although it was the last day of our trip before heading home). Most of the brush had been mowed, even on the adjacent property. First the most likely spot, but, nothing was found other than some modern junk. The next most likely area used to be a public access boat ramp path that used to be there before a better one was built a quarter mile away. Wow, what a junk pile! The place was paved with pull tabs, which all of you know can read very similar to a gold ring. Nothing to do but dig them all. After 3 hours in the hot sun, nothing but tabs and a few modern coins came to light. I started to expand the search area again and after a few more minutes, I got another pull tab reading (30) on my Equinox 900. Popped my trapdoor plug and low and behold, gold! I was almost shocked, as I didn't expect the ring at this point since I had already dug dozens and dozen of tabs and full beaver tails up to this point and had expected another. Took a couple of photos and then made my way over to where everyone was sitting in the shade to make my dramatic reveal. Aunt Lois was beside herself happy and just couldn't believe I found it after all these years. That's Aunt Lois and yours truly there enjoying my well earned cold beverage. This is my second ring find for the family. Previously, I had found a ring made by Bob that he had given to his daughter (my wife's cousin). It had been lost 35 years and found just 10 feet from their front door! Ring returns are so satisfying!

20250713_150614.webp
20250713_150349.webp
20250713_150345.webp
IMG_20250715_195151.webp
 
Yeah, my family is thinking my hobby is not so "odd" anymore! :laughing7:
 
Uncle Bob was clearing brush from around his lake house and tossing it off the edge of the property. Afterward, he noticed his gold ring was missing off his finger. Naturally, he searched the two main areas where he tossed the stuff, but, the brush was deep and thick, not going to happen. Years later, I heard about the loss and made a search when my wife and I were in town visiting. The first hunt was a bit limited due to time, plus the brush was still tall and hard to detect. I did the best I could with just the vague recollection as to where he had been on the 2+ acre property and the actual spots where he may have thrown the debris. Well, uncle Bob passed away about 3 years ago, but, aunt Lois was still hoping the sentimental ring would be found. My wife and I returned for another family visit last week and I made another stab at finding Bob's ring. This time, I had a bit more time (although it was the last day of our trip before heading home). Most of the brush had been mowed, even on the adjacent property. First the most likely spot, but, nothing was found other than some modern junk. The next most likely area used to be a public access boat ramp path that used to be there before a better one was built a quarter mile away. Wow, what a junk pile! The place was paved with pull tabs, which all of you know can read very similar to a gold ring. Nothing to do but dig them all. After 3 hours in the hot sun, nothing but tabs and a few modern coins came to light. I started to expand the search area again and after a few more minutes, I got another pull tab reading (30) on my Equinox 900. Popped my trapdoor plug and low and behold, gold! I was almost shocked, as I didn't expect the ring at this point since I had already dug dozens and dozen of tabs and full beaver tails up to this point and had expected another. Took a couple of photos and then made my way over to where everyone was sitting in the shade to make my dramatic reveal. Aunt Lois was beside herself happy and just couldn't believe I found it after all these years. That's Aunt Lois and yours truly there enjoying my well earned cold beverage. This is my second ring find for the family. Previously, I had found a ring made by Bob that he had given to his daughter (my wife's cousin). It had been lost 35 years and found just 10 feet from their front door! Ring returns are so satisfying!

View attachment 2217365View attachment 2217366View attachment 2217367View attachment 2217368
Honorable mention for an honorable man!! Well done Mark
 
Good on ya Mark.
Many would of quit hunting for it. Congratulations on the recovery and return.
 
Nice going and nice pictures !!
 
Congratulations on finding the uncle's ring!
 
You sure feel good when you can return these don't you
 
Did you run out of HANKIES for them ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom