What's new

8-23 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
4,010
Reaction score
394
Golden Thread
0
Location
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was NOT a beautiful day at the beach. It started raining 20 minutes after I hit the beach and continued raining for close to 4 hours. Fortunately, the worst of it was the first 30 minutes, which I waited out in a condo parking area. It was coming down in buckets! When it slowed down enough, I got right back at it.

The good thing about the rain was that it kept almost everyone away from the beach. I hit the dry sand areas that were now empty. I dug a bunch of trash, but came away with a keeper.

Finds straight from the pouch
001.webp

37 coins= $3.10
002.webp

1952 d wheatie
003.webp
004.webp

14k wedding band
005.webp
006.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice band. That rain was a real set back, especialy when the wind kicked in.
 
WTG on the keeper! I can't remember..... I know you used to hunt the dry sand but are you now hunting IN the water? No matter. You got some great finds and the keeper makes is a special day rain or not. WTG again. :wink:
 
i am in awe you found matching earrings, I never find the both, only the one, and several of them have been cute making me wish I could locate the matching one.

Congrats on the band too
 
gold-digger said:
Nice band. That rain was a real set back, especialy when the wind kicked in.
Thanks, the wind was whipping pretty good.
 
mumszie said:
WTG on the keeper! I can't remember..... I know you used to hunt the dry sand but are you now hunting IN the water? No matter. You got some great finds and the keeper makes is a special day rain or not. WTG again. :wink:
Thanks Mumszie.

Correct Mumszie, I used to hunt the dry sand. Got my Tiger Shark in 07. I had problems with it and Tesoro had it from May 09 - Jul 10. I've been hunting in the water when conditions permit. Conditions did not permit today :D
 
txkickergirl said:
i am in awe you found matching earrings, I never find the both, only the one, and several of them have been cute making me wish I could locate the matching one.

Congrats on the band too
Thanks Txkickergirl. This is the second time that I've found a matching set of earrings. The other set was rusty junkers that I found in the water 2 years ago. Todays set were about 50 yards apart. 1 was near the water line, the other was behind the towel line. I was pretty surprised that I found the pair.
 
Thats a pile of trash Willie!! But it looks like persistence paid off with that beauty of a band... You must be in Florida? It didnt rain buckets where I am, but the wind blew me off the water.. Not the roughness (I was on a FW lake), but I couldnt hear squat in my crappy Excal phones.. Doing the Peltor conversion as soon as they arrive..
 
was going to go metal detecting this weekend and dang if i didn't blow my back out friday night. :BangHead:

With all that rain we ended up getting, guess I shouldn't feel so bad.

But this weekend i'm going even if I gotta crawl.
 
Awesome Ring!!
That is what I'd call A 'Superheavyweight'
 
Silver Surfer said:
Thats a pile of trash Willie!! But it looks like persistence paid off with that beauty of a band... You must be in Florida? It didnt rain buckets where I am, but the wind blew me off the water.. Not the roughness (I was on a FW lake), but I couldnt hear squat in my crappy Excal phones.. Doing the Peltor conversion as soon as they arrive..
Thanks. Yes, I am in FL (west coast).
 
Smudge said:
was going to go metal detecting this weekend and dang if i didn't blow my back out friday night. :BangHead:

With all that rain we ended up getting, guess I shouldn't feel so bad.

But this weekend i'm going even if I gotta crawl.
Ouch! I can relate to the back problems. I was sidelined for 3 months after a back injury.

Rest that back.
 
steelheadwill said:
Awesome Ring!!
That is what I'd call A 'Superheavyweight'
Thanks. Yep, it's got some weight to it. :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice work... finds have been kinda slo up here lately :thumbsup:...
 
Indeed! Very nice ring, and I enjoy those earrings too. Not exactly my style, but I like finding new homes for 'em.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom