What's new

8 hours of junk at the honey hole

Burdie

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eight hours of hunting in three days and this is what I got to show for it. Then on the other hand it was the most beautiful weather in a long time. I even had a few exciting moments thinking I had a great find. One was the round edge of the key that looked like a nickle and the other was the four hole button, thought it was a dime at first.
The harness ring was neat and the old shell. I am so discouraged I think I will go back out again soon. ;D
PICT0001.webp​


PICT0003.webp Harness, bullet, shell, and key

A numbered tag.
PICT0005.webp​

PICT0006.webpDoor latch and WMC's

Found two Indian heads in 30 minutes the day we all hunted the CTH. You just never know. Keep on diggin TNetters.
Burdie
 
Upvote 0
I find sometimes I will go to a site and dig all trash one day. Then the next day I am finding silver coins. Sometimes I find the silver right away and the trash all the rest of the day.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
man you aren't kidding about those shotgun shells you get that coin excitement and end up with a remington or winchester 12 ga good luck and hh
 
I found like 4 or 5 of those shotgun shells the day we hunted there. Still that is one awesome place just to stand in and imagine the history of the place.
 
Burdie, where there's trash, there's also treasure. . . I know just know you'll start finding the "good stuff" soon.

Take care,
watercolor
 
Your junk definetly resembles my junk....but we just keep digging! LOL

Hope you hit that silver soon!
 
Thanks every one I may put on a jacket and go out today. HH
Burdie
 
Stan,
It only takes one swing of the coil to make it all worth while. It's not going to happen though if your detector is in the closet. You are blessed with an area rich in history. It is just a matter of time until you hear that sweet sound of silver....Steve
 
The disc with 102 on it appears to be a miner's tag. It looks like the parson kansas variety. Should say something about the company and parsons kansas on there somewhere. I've got a few hundred around here somewhere :P. I will post a pic later for you too compare.
 
Oh Burdie, Burdie, Burdie.......You know that you're only cleaning the honey hole for futures finds to appear.... With all that experience I challenge your discouragment!!!!!!!!!

Good haul!!!!!!

RR
 
Clean out the junk and the good stuff will come!
 
I still think you did pretty good for some neat junque. That just means the treasures are yet to coe. Keep em coming!
 
Heres a pic if it helps. If you need more info let me know. Great finds there BTW!
 

Attachments

  • 103107 001.webp
    103107 001.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 103107 002.webp
    103107 002.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 237

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom