Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another day for Indians it was. Hunted with Ed and toward the end of the day Gary came to detect, so we were all taking advantage of a mild day in January.

My first coin was an 1874 IHC. Then came the medal. Third good target was the plated button. After a food break, Ed suggested we move to a different area. We detected on opposite sides of the lower walkway. I got a hit that turned out to be two IHCs laying like pancakes, an 1864 and 1891; the obverse of the 1891 was against the reverse of the 1864. Think of the odds of someone having those two cents and then dropping them at the same time! Along this same walkway came a very toasty United Railways token and another IHC, a 1900.

With the coins taken today, that's 8 IHCs for 2017.

Finds.jpg

Check out the button dig!

Last edited:
Upvote 21

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds McD! Way to take advantage of the small window of decent weather...nice Indian and buttons...ddf

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Tribe a Token and pancakes sounds like a great start for the new year I got out today a little freezing r5qain but I was dressed warm was a lot of fun no silver or gold today but lots of clad and a old steel spoon!!!Thanks for the post Ill be watching for more from ya!!!!!!

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On second thought, with all the Indians you have been digging I think I am now naming you "CHIEF McCDig"!!! Chief of all the indians..lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another successful hunt with plenty of keepers. :occasion14: I think you are the Indian-Slayer McCDig. It's not hard to imagine those being lost at the same time. They are only 27 years different in age and if you look in your pocket change it's not unreasonable to have 2016 penny as well as a 1988 or 89.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, your still on that Indian roll! I found one in the dark last night.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx, it was getting dim yesterday when I left. Thinking of hitting some farm fields in the county and taking a break from the city for awhile.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point, LD. Two of these Indian finds were obvious and two were incidental. I was not aware that the two-Indian hole had a second one and discovered it as I was beginning to fill the hole. The 1900, likewise, had been flipped out and was sitting there on the side.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks JackalopeZL1! Are you just about washed away there? You guys have been getting pounded. BTY there are several Indians that I've never dug and I think that goes for most of us. I was on the field yesterday with two detectorists who've both found an 1877 from that same park.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx much, Tommy. Glad you got out. Thx for checking out the post and commenting.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx, ATW. My huntin' buddy yesterday had a suggestion that snagged me 3 more IHCs. Don't think I would have checked out that spot had we not hunted together.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks DDF! Have dirt will dig and it's even better when there's an Indian at the bottom!

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JackalopeZL1! Are you just about washed away there? You guys have been getting pounded. BTY there are several Indians that I've never dug and I think that goes for most of us. I was on the field yesterday with two detectorists who've both found an 1877 from that same park.

Yea it has been rather wet here the last couple weeks. It was nice to get out and hunt a couple days ago!! Going again today with this beautiful sun we have today!!

At the rate you are going you will have darn near every indian out there soon!! Keep it up.

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow! Quite the spill there. What a magnificent day MDing.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to be out there pulling out IH's in January. Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the relic and old coins! :occasion14:

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Señor Mike
was that you guys down there?, I was there with my son and daughter, was trying to come across something good, but they kept messing my plugs looking for worms.
I ended up with a couple wheaties, a plated cufflink or button, it says PLATED, just like urs, but its somewhat oval, so i think its a cufflink and an old key.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread