Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine posted on FB. 1 of our sweet neighbors got hit by this 8 pointer. She is fine but her car looks totaled.

Deer3.jpg Deer1.jpg Deer2.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ouch !

last one I hit was with my Jimmy & I didn't know I had a Faux Bumper till after.

& of course deer don't carry Insurance :(

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy smokes, I hope that your friend is ok. That Buck sure did rake the lawn though eh?

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close call, good to see the windshield is intact...could of been worse if the deer was in between leaps (airborne)!
Looks like (by the front legs) the front shoulders took the impact, Did she at least get the hindquarter meat?

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor car and nice rack! The bucks here in north Georgia are in rut, they are running all over the place and I don't mean in the woods.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close call, good to see the windshield is intact...could of been worse if the deer was in between leaps (airborne)!
Looks like (by the front legs) the front shoulders took the impact, Did she at least get the hindquarter meat?

Per my friend's quote... She only wanted the horns, she gave the deer itself away.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That deer would have made some decent steaks. IHis hocks are not dark and he does not seem to be rutting. You can tell the rut here for the numbers on the hwys.. They loose track of roads and cars during the breeding time. I seem to have seen more bucks than does this season.

I am glad your friend was ok. We were in an area thick with deer once and were stopping often as they passed. As we were completely stopped one slammed into the rear quarter panel and broke its neck.
Here we have to pay the butchering cost before the community kitchen takes it. But we have more and more needy families.
HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread