What's new

800 Year Old Bracelet

Mr.Waffles

Full Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2015
Messages
127
Reaction score
193
Golden Thread
0
Location
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, I did thing today! It took me long enough but I finally made the bracelet I was talking about a few weeks back. I used a pottery shard as the base of the pendant and turned it into a wristband for myself. The stone that is set inside the pottery is turquoise, the facets are silver, and the band is leather that I wove together. I gave it I southwestern look with the turquoise because the pottery came from the southwest.

Ive been wanting to show off some of my pottery in a way that was both respectful and artistically unique. I've seen other examples pottery jewelry but nothing I saw online looked quite like this. Especially with a stone set inside the shard.

I happy with it overall...even if I did end up destroying a very nice shard in the process *insert frowny face*. But I really want to hear what y'all think. Do you like it, love it...hate it? Lay it on me homies!
 

Attachments

  • 1492899558450.webp
    1492899558450.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
Very talented
 
I like it ....how did you attach the silver to the shard ?
 
Thanks. I used a dremel and bore out a shallow hole almost the exact size of the fitting so it was very snug. Then I filled it with an epoxy designed to adhere stone and placed the fitting tightly inside.
 
Cool- I like it !
 
I was wondering how you was gonna do that.. You did a great job.... Looks legit you know
 
I think it's a great way to combine the old with the new. Real silver is a nice touch. The only thing I would change, is braiding the leather. Leather cord, or braided sinew would look better, IMO.
 
I think it's a great way to combine the old with the new. Real silver is a nice touch. The only thing I would change, is braiding the leather. Leather cord, or braided sinew would look better, IMO.

Thanks. I really appreciate your feedback. I went back and forth like a zillion times on how I was going to to the band. I was so indecisive. I'll keep your opinion in mind for the next one. :)
 
You are an artist my friend! Great work.
 
another thing you can do with your pottery is inlay it into table tops...
 
I like it! Very well made and creative! I've got some pottery that Kat sent me that I want to make some pendants or something with, thinking of wire wrapping them. Just gotta get in the mood.
 
another thing you can do with your pottery is inlay it into table

I'm going to need a better workspace to do that! Don't think my apartment is quite big enough. Lol but awesome idea. I like the creativity
 
I like it! Very well made and creative! I've got some pottery that Kat sent me that I want to make some pendants or something with, thinking of wire wrapping them. Just gotta get in the mood.

Yes, you should totally do that! Get in the mood soon cuz I wanna see how your pendants turn out. :)
 

Attachments

  • DSC04883.webp
    DSC04883.webp
    195.8 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom