wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been getting out but yesterday I found this large silver disc with carry hole and a pin in the center. I am pretty sure it was a compass, 3 musket balls,the lead next to the compass has strange markings like coup marks the indians used on their war shirts,wierd lead bands,a barlow type knife,part of a buckle,a live .38 special round,a few bullets(modern),3 fishing lures,a boat drain plug(hope it was their spare),a quarter,dime,and 2 pennies, plus my usual 5 lbs of sinkers. the silver spoon handle was from an earlier hunt I used it to compare the compass with.

91709-92009silvercompass.jpg

happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Talk about a pile of lead. Nice finds, HH.....

daleshark

Mar 26, 2007
Central Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DX-1 probe,6x10 DD , 4x6 shooter, eclipse 950
WOW, that's a lot of lead. I wonder if that boat plug was missed by its owner. :help: :laughing7:
Thanks for the picture.

daleshark.

daleshark

Mar 26, 2007
Central Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DX-1 probe,6x10 DD , 4x6 shooter, eclipse 950
I just went to a local dive shop and lead weights for diving is at $3.80 to $5.00 a lb.
Someone might not see the value in all those fishing weights, but lead has become a pricey metal so to speak.

Thanks ,
daleshark.

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
gee and I have dive weight moulds too. seriously I was saving them for ballast for a motorsailor project I am working on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread