What's new

9/27/2013-- 2 axes in the same spot.

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Here's the video of the 2 axes I found in the same spot in Flint City aka (The field that never fails) on the 27th, (My birthday). It was the first video I ever recorded so I'm sorry for the quality. And I may have let a 4 letter word slip once or twice so be for warned... I get excited sometimes. I have found 2 axes in th same day a few times. But never this close of a proximity to one another. Literally inches apart. This makes 25 and 26. I also found a crude little plummet and a digger the same day!


image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    865.9 KB · Views: 149
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    202.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Upvote 0
don't know how u do it 30 yrs and I still haven't found one
 
Good video for your first, congrats on the 2 for your collection.
 
Love the flint axes !!!!!!
 
fantastic collection!!!!:thumbsup:
 
You find grooved axes like I find flint ones ... We need to swap that up for a couple weeks so I can find more than a half of one haha
 
Hard to beat a day like that!!!

Very nice display of axes you have put together there!!!
 
Yeah your right I still get excited when I start finding debris flakes I like it all I guess you got a great collection boss ;)
 
No prob I'm sure they were all well hard earned pieces there is a lot of time and effort in a collection like that ;) HH
 
No prob I'm sure they were all well hard earned pieces there is a lot of time and effort in a collection like that ;) HH
15 years and countless miles walked. They're all from the same site. But I've walked 1000 miles in that field.
 
The axes we find around here aren't grooved like those, those are great man!!! It's crazy how many you have. Sweet finds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Johnny, let me axe you a question! Never mind.... I forgot what it was now. I remember what I want to tell you though. That is the largest collection of personally found axe heads I've ever seen. I remember my question now!! Are their any trees at all in your town??? Nice day out bro. Many more!!
 
NC has a good sense of humor!
Hey I counted 30 ax heads on the table. Unless the bottom row is different.
 
NC has a good sense of humor!
Hey I counted 30 ax heads on the table. Unless the bottom row is different.
Haha he sure does. That bottom row consists of 2 celts and 2 grooved hammers/mauls I have found.
thanks for the look!
 
Really great day thanks for sharing that video!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom