What's new

9.5 Inch Possible Roman Crucifixion Nail with Organic Remains

Dakota Sioux

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
412
Reaction score
1,188
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this nail at a local auction 2 or so years ago with a bunch of other Medieval and church artifacts from Spain. Looking at it recently, I saw that it has what looks like petrified flesh under the head!! I wanted to show it for it seemed too amazing to be true. Hi I am new to the forum from near Sioux Falls South Dakota. I just bought a Garrett AT-Pro and love history and treasure hunting. I believe that much of history is waiting out there to be found even in this lonely state. -Doug
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8944.webp
    IMG_8944.webp
    117.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8956.webp
    IMG_8956.webp
    201.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_8949.webp
    IMG_8949.webp
    366.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_8947.webp
    IMG_8947.webp
    730.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_8951.webp
    IMG_8951.webp
    374.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_9064.webp
    IMG_9064.webp
    233.8 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 18
welcome aboard..cool purchase !!
 
OUCH.that is one thing we do not ever see posted here.
 
I see what you mean under the head. I would try to get it tested? Pretty cool.:icon_thumleft:
 
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:
 
Have you thought about getting the "petrified flesh" tested? What makes you think that it is actually flesh?
 
I would like to test it. It's not metal, does not look like wood or hair or rope under the 50x microscope, but like muscle tissue
 
NOW THATS A DANG NAIL , AND IF HUMAN FLESH IS INBEDDED IN THE SCROLL BOY YOU GOT A PEICE OF HISTORY .AS THE OTHERS HAVE SAID, LET US KNOW THE RESULTS AND WELCOME TO TNET WERE WE HAVE MANY EXPERTS INT THE FEILD OF INDENTIFYING MYSTERY RELICS FROM THE PAST . HECK OF A FIND ...
 
OOey ick, nice discovery.
 
That's a bit creepy. I'll have to copy that on my forge.
 
I don't know what a test would cost, but if I believed that's what it was, I would work OT and have it done! That is one piece of history deserving to be seen if it turns out to be true. Wow! It's an impressive looking piece for sure!
 
Probably DNA test right? I would not want to dig out any of the material and ruin it.
 
That's what I would think. It should determine if it is human. I think I would get in touch with a reputable museum's curator and see who they recommend.
 
Even if they can't pull DNA, if it's human skin, A YIKES, what a find. Good Luck and let us know.
 
I will do it Thanks
 
Is it this that you're referring to?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8951.webp
    IMG_8951.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 136
Nope, if you zoom in farther, you'll see light colored almost like carpet fibers.
 
Romeo has it right, the tiny fibers are dust or something
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom