What's new

9/7/13- Gold Ring w/Diamonds, Silver, Mystery Ring??

Detectorinator

Full Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
130
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a few hours today but realized I left the Go-Pro at home so no video this time. I managed to find a 5.14 gram 10K ring with 7 diamonds, a silver earring, and what I think is a Tungsten Carbide Ring (the ring weighs 13.57 grams which is why I think it is tungsten). The gold ring was in the worst shape of any gold I have ever found. I think this baby was in the water for a while because it was in rough shape. Upon cleaning it shows the nice gold shine we all like to see. I took before and after pictures so you can see the difference.

The only marking inside the ring I believe is Tungsten is "L'Aventurine". I Googled this but didn't find anything concerning tungsten rings so this one remains a mystery. If anyone can shed some light on the origin of this ring I would appreciate it. I dug a bunch of bottle caps even though my Excal told me they weren't good just to get them out of the way since I plan to come back to this area soon. Anyone else "clean up" an area even though your machine is telling you the target is junk? Happy Hunting!

IMG_0880.webpIMG_0881.webpIMG_0882.webpIMG_0883.webpIMG_0876.webpIMG_0878.webpIMG_0890.webpIMG_0892.webpIMG_0889.webp
PS- I bought a new gold/silver cleaning product some of you might be interested in. I usually tumble my finds but when I only have a piece or two this stuff works great. I bought it at Wal Mart and it is called "Eagle One Original Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish". It is basically a clump of fabric soaked in a cleaning agent. It works really good and gives you a quick shine without having to wait for your tumbler to do it's thing. Hopefully some of you can benefit from this.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice catch. The gold ring seems old, it looks like the old style that were made hollow by design. If it was solid it would weigh probably twice the weight you got. I don't know if they still make them.
 
I spent the better half of the summer cleaning the local lakes swimming area out with my dual field, pulling bobby pins out around 12" is not fun when you can't see where you are digging, but it paid off with a 14k and silver ring.

I haven't found any more rings there yet, maybe I should throw all the bobby pins back in so they grow-up to be rings!
 
Nice catch. The gold ring seems old, it looks like the old style that were made hollow by design. If it was solid it would weigh probably twice the weight you got. I don't know if they still make them.

Thanks for the info Les. I didn't know that but this did seem light for its size. Now I know why!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom