90 ft. stone deciphered

swmomark

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2010
I was in our local bookstore last weekend and picked up the magazine Ancient America. It had a article about the 90 ft. stone being deciphered. This is a interesting magazine that has been around for probably 20 yrs. It talks about unusual artifacts and sites that are found in North America. They believe most of the sites predate Columbus by hundreds of yrs. They claimed the stone talks about a chest that holds something from God. Hope this is of interest to some of you Oak Island enthusiast. Mark

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you mean the stone that no longer exists?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No actual evidence of a 90 foot stone has ever existed.....

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
No actual evidence of a 90 foot stone has ever existed.....

It was mentioned in contemporary documents. The actual inscription was not documented until decades after the stone reportedly disappeared, and the person that revealed it to the world had gotten it second hand and could not name the source.

I’m not convinced that the stone didn’t exist, but whatever was carved on it, the inscription trotted around these days is probably not it.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was mentioned in contemporary documents. The actual inscription was not documented until decades after the stone reportedly disappeared, and the person that revealed it to the world had gotten it second hand and could not name the source.

I’m not convinced that the stone didn’t exist, but whatever was carved on it, the inscription trotted around these days is probably not it.

But they have not even proven the “oak platforms at every 10 feet” story. The fairy tail states that the stone was found on the 90 foot platform. I bet they pulled a “Rick Lagina ” and someone looked over by the wayside and said, “is that a stone? Could it be a stone from the 90 foot level? I bet we could carve.....oooppps....I mean is that a cryptic code carved into the stone?”

Once the stone was carved and presented as a sales tool to lure investors, eventually it was “lost” to prevent further scrutiny of the age of the carvings....

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm well familiar with the Ancient Americas magazine. As interesting as the subject matter presented in the publication appears to be, a lot of the material is rehashed pseudo-history/archaeology. It's not uncommon to see claims made in the feature story debunked in the same month's Skeptical Inquirer magazine or Skeptic journal. In fact, it's those latter two publications (along with Sagan's awesome book The Demon Haunted World) that I credit for developing my "bullsh*t detection alarm".

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point there is no way to prove the stone existed let alone what it said. Same as with the Platforms every 10', just no way to prove it. All we have is the stories handed down over the years...
Kinda like the Titanic. We've been told over the years it hit an iceburg, Sure we know it sank, ship been found on the bottom of the sea, guessing we can see where it was hit, ( maybe maybe not with years of deterioration ) and we have the stories of it hitting an iceburg. BUT is there any way to prove that now? Could it have been a torpedo?

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this summer, could it be the missing piece or a hoax ...

BCFF43B7-1C43-487C-86F6-5EA49B190993.jpeg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread