What's new

94 Indians In The River

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While taking pic's & looking for arrowheads yesterday, I was walking in a dry section of a local river, I saw this metal object & gave it a nudge with my boot, it was a tin can, the lid came off & it was (full to the brim with coins).
after collecting my wits about me, I started taking pic's, & hurried home to clean them.
The whole can was full of rust , & coins were even sticking together, so by noon the next day, (today), I finished cleaning them the best I can for now, they had been in a tobacco sack with a drawstring, in the can.
Totals were.............1 peace dollar
1 Silver coin from the Netherlands
4 walking liberty halves
10 mercury dimes
13 V nickels
1 Barber half dollar
2 Barber quarters
1 flying eagle quarter
94 Indian head pennies (oldest 1864)
9 buffalo nickels
4 recent nickels
15 foreign coins (nothing very good)
20 wheat pennies ( 30's, 40's, 1 shot with a bullet)
1 token (Good For 5 cents in trade), slick on the back
1 sheild nickel 1836 (the best I can tell)

Not a 'bad haul' for me. :P

Fossis.............
 

Attachments

  • Found on the River 010.webp
    Found on the River 010.webp
    219.8 KB · Views: 10,409
  • Found on the River 011.webp
    Found on the River 011.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 10,272
  • Money Finds 001.webp
    Money Finds 001.webp
    174.5 KB · Views: 11,039
Upvote 62
Man, I didn't think there were any caches left.
Nice!!! Makes you wonder how it got there?
I am thinking washed down the river in a flood? Or buried and forgotten?
I think I would put them in a glass jar and keep them like that. Just too cool.
Congratulations on your find of a lifetime! :occasion14::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright::thumbsup::notworthy::hello2::goldtrophy::headbang::occasion18::bronzemedalblue::rosette:
 
That is awesome, Way to go!!!!!
 
no words just .....:notworthy:
 
Wow!!!! Te best eyeball find ever!!
 
just lucky I think :laughing7:
 
Holy Moly, That is what I call treasure. Fantastic find
 
Wow sweet digs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats !!
 
Missed this, no idea why its not on banner yet, my vote is in. Found by luck with no detector!!!!!!
 
Yeah, sorry, only just spotted that!!!
 
as the good book says -- seek and ye shall find....
 
Back from the dead.
 
Hey, I missed it too. Hell yes, it should've made banner. 7 year-old find or not, it's still rocks.
 
Treasure wow all yours baby!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom