What's new

99% Skunk

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up three boxes of halves late yesterday afternoon.
Only 1-1968D :dontknow:and it looked as if it had been thru the coin machine a hundred times. Almost missed it.

1 silver is better than 0 silver. At least it was not a full-blown skunk.

apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
apush said:
Picked up three boxes of halves late yesterday afternoon.
Only 1-1968D :dontknow:and it looked as if it had been thru the coin machine a hundred times. Almost missed it.

1 silver is better than 0 silver. At least it was not a full-blown skunk.

apush :read2:
Yeah that has happened to me too before- the lone Silver is soo worn or dirty it was missed by the CRH'ers that went thru it b4 you did, I've even found a couple like that in anothers dumps B4 too.
 
apush said:
Picked up three boxes of halves late yesterday afternoon.
Only 1-1968D :dontknow:and it looked as if it had been thru the coin machine a hundred times. Almost missed it.

1 silver is better than 0 silver. At least it was not a full-blown skunk.

apush :read2:

Apush,
At least you got one :thumbsup:. There are those that will disagree, but to find success with boxes you have to do volume.
I prefer to do 8 boxes from one bank. Out of that I can depend like clockwork to get 0-2 skunk boxes,one with 1,and one with 2. If I see that I am averaging under 50 keepers (Like this month) I'll order additional boxes, 8 from another branch or different bank. I really don't like to get more than 8 boxes because my dumps start to draw attention, plus I'm now taking up more of my time.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
apush said:
Picked up three boxes of halves late yesterday afternoon.
Only 1-1968D :dontknow:and it looked as if it had been thru the coin machine a hundred times. Almost missed it.

1 silver is better than 0 silver. At least it was not a full-blown skunk.

apush :read2:

Apush,
At least you got one :thumbsup:. There are those that will disagree, but to find success with boxes you have to do volume.
I prefer to do 8 boxes from one bank. Out of that I can depend like clockwork to get 0-2 skunk boxes,one with 1,and one with 2. If I see that I am averaging under 50 keepers (Like this month) I'll order additional boxes, 8 from another branch or different bank. I really don't like to get more than 8 boxes because my dumps start to draw attention, plus I'm now taking up more of my time.
HH
Rich

So...your saying that eight boxes doesn't draw attention? Or rub branches the wrong way?
 
it appears you truncated your results instead of rounding. Technically you're 99.97% skunk. I guess rounding would have made it look like a total skunk.
 
apush said:
Picked up three boxes of halves late yesterday afternoon.
Only 1-1968D :dontknow:and it looked as if it had been thru the coin machine a hundred times. Almost missed it.

1 silver is better than 0 silver. At least it was not a full-blown skunk.

apush :read2:

Sounds like your boxes run kinda like mine, at least so far. After 28 boxes, my boxes have about a 75% chance of being a total skunk, and about a 90+% chance of having 2 40%ers or less. I've even had a 12 box skunk streak in those 28 boxes. Only 1 box has contained a 90%er, but it did have 5 with 2 Bens and a Walker. I have found 39 keepers (22 out of 1 box) which averages right at 1.4 silver per box. The quest for that one big haul is what keeps us going. The way I look at it is that its kinda like buying a lottery ticket...except you can get most of your $1 back if its not a winner. ;D

I may have to disagree with my hero Mr. Hartford just a little. I do absolutely agree that the more volume you do, the more silver you will find. Thats a no-brainer (even for an Arkansan). However, mathematically speaking, your per-box average OVER THE LONG HAUL should be roughly the same whether you do 1 box a week or 20. Of course "the long haul" would refer to hundreds - even thousands of boxes.

Oh well, I'm off to get my 4 lottery...errr boxes. Maybe today is the day. Hang in there apush!! Our day is coming!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom