What's new

99% sure these are not meteorites but what are they?

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lillian, Alabama, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My nephew found these in a farm field in East Tennessee many years ago. There’s no record of any kind of smelting factory anywhere around. I don’t have a super magnet but a regular magnet will not stick to it. I have around 15 of these of different sizes. They are all covered in that black crust and it takes a good washing to get it off my skin. One sharp whack with a hammer and the small one broke right in two pieces. It’s very brittle.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6496.webp
    IMG_6496.webp
    675.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6495.webp
    IMG_6495.webp
    746.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6490.webp
    IMG_6490.webp
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6497.webp
    IMG_6497.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6494.webp
    IMG_6494.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6493.webp
    IMG_6493.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
My nephew found these in a farm field in East Tennessee many years ago. There’s no record of any kind of smelting factory anywhere around. I don’t have a super magnet but a regular magnet will not stick to it. I have around 15 of these of different sizes. They are all covered in that black crust and it takes a good washing to get it off my skin. One sharp whack with a hammer and the small one broke right in two pieces. It’s very brittle.
 
I may not know how to post anything any more. I don’t see any replies. If anybody reads this please send me a message. I haven’t seen any replies to my post. Thanks
 
I may not know how to post anything any more. I don’t see any replies. If anybody reads this please send me a message. I haven’t seen any replies to my post. Thanks
Your post worked just fine. I didn't reply because I don't see anything special about the rocks to reply to. Perhaps others will see something, but I don't. Anyway your post worked just fine.
 
Your post worked just fine. I didn't reply because I don't see anything special about the rocks to reply to. Perhaps others will see something, but I don't. Anyway your post worked just fine.
Thank you for your honest reply. I sure wish I knew what these are. There was no signs of a fire or structures either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom