Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. Back in June I was posting about the field that had http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/655884-sidewalk-nowhere-except-good-coins.html.

That field has continued to be absolutely amazing from a silver coin recovery point of view. Today was a continuation of the silver-finding streak.

Since my afternoon was quiet at work I reached out to a buddy here in town who has Friday's off and asked him to join me at this field. We both used our Equinox 800's (which might be why we were finding silver coins in areas that I had passed through once with the XP Deus).
In a previous post I mentioned that http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/656198-i-found-where-sidewalk-leads.html and at first we detected in the area of the picnic tables, but my buddy quickly got a tick on him - and neither of us found anything good - so we went back out into the field near the Sidewalk. He worked the uphill side and I worked the downhill side.

He hit silver first, finding a silver Washington quarter after only a few minutes in the field. He was hooked on this field and right away said, "I haven't found silver in months - thanks for bringing me here!" I was super happy to see him break the silver drought and could have left happy then - but instead we both stayed another 2 hours or so, and I'm glad we did.
My buddy ended the day with 5 silver (2 quarters, a merc and two rosie dimes - i'll update with a picture when he sends it to me).

My first silver was a Merc of my own (1939), but the find of the day came about 30 minutes later: the 1942 Walking Half Dollar. That thing is in amazing shape, with only minor wear on the eagle's chest and on the stars at 11 o'clock on the obverse. To me it's a true treasure (even though I know now that 47 million were minted...so they aren't scarce).
I ended the day with silver coins from 1939, 1940, 1941 and 1942 - and I love the "orderly" nature of that sequence.

But another cool find came halfway through the hunt: the little silver ring with a green stone. It says "Sterling" on the inside and it turns out it's a Kiddiegem (Kiddie Gem). I read other TNet posts on this brand of ring, and I'm super happy that I've now found one!

With all the coins found (nine wheat pennies vs. only four memorials, plus the silver of course) it's easy to forget about the harmonica reed, but I've never found a complete one like that, so that was cool to me also.

I still can't believe how great the finds are from this field - and I hope they keep coming! (I kind of think that my buddy will now start going there without telling me and will clean the place out...but that's the way this hobby works, isn't it?)

Thanks for reading my story!

- Brian

J6fuFfQ.jpg
QXlTqRM.jpg DgjdqKx.jpg

vqQ17An.jpg MCurYLy.jpg
NF5fJOg.jpg

Upvote 40
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice silver, congrats! Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a fine pile of silver, congrats! That walker looks like it may have been a fresh from the bank drop when it was lost, beautiful!:hello2:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Back in June I was posting about the field that had http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/655884-sidewalk-nowhere-except-good-coins.html.

That field has continued to be absolutely amazing from a silver coin recovery point of view. Today was a continuation of the silver-finding streak.

Since my afternoon was quiet at work I reached out to a buddy here in town who has Friday's off and asked him to join me at this field. We both used our Equinox 800's (which might be why we were finding silver coins in areas that I had passed through once with the XP Deus).
In a previous post I mentioned that http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/656198-i-found-where-sidewalk-leads.html and at first we detected in the area of the picnic tables, but my buddy quickly got a tick on him - and neither of us found anything good - so we went back out into the field near the Sidewalk. He worked the uphill side and I worked the downhill side.

He hit silver first, finding a silver Washington quarter after only a few minutes in the field. He was hooked on this field and right away said, "I haven't found silver in months - thanks for bringing me here!" I was super happy to see him break the silver drought and could have left happy then - but instead we both stayed another 2 hours or so, and I'm glad we did.
My buddy ended the day with 5 silver (2 quarters, a merc and two rosie dimes - i'll update with a picture when he sends it to me).

My first silver was a Merc of my own (1939), but the find of the day came about 30 minutes later: the 1942 Walking Half Dollar. That thing is in amazing shape, with only minor wear on the eagle's chest and on the stars at 11 o'clock on the obverse. To me it's a true treasure (even though I know now that 47 million were minted...so they aren't scarce).
I ended the day with silver coins from 1939, 1940, 1941 and 1942 - and I love the "orderly" nature of that sequence.

But another cool find came halfway through the hunt: the little silver ring with a green stone. It says "Sterling" on the inside and it turns out it's a Kiddiegem (Kiddie Gem). I read other TNet posts on this brand of ring, and I'm super happy that I've now found one!

With all the coins found (nine wheat pennies vs. only four memorials, plus the silver of course) it's easy to forget about the harmonica reed, but I've never found a complete one like that, so that was cool to me also.

I still can't believe how great the finds are from this field - and I hope they keep coming! (I kind of think that my buddy will now start going there without telling me and will clean the place out...but that's the way this hobby works, isn't it?)

Thanks for reading my story!

- Brian

View attachment 1938853
View attachment 1938854 View attachment 1938855

View attachment 1938856 View attachment 1938857
View attachment 1938858
Good work Congratulations on your nice recoveries

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread