What's new

A 2-2 cent day

Jyverb64

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
952
Reaction score
1,186
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time out in a long time and got permission to hunt an 1870s house. It started out with a lot of clad and then I got a couple wheats, a short time later I flipped the plug and saw the coin and as soon as I got it in the light I new it was a 2 center. About 1 1/2 hours later and 30 feet from the first 2 center I dug my second and this one was even nicer than the first. This makes my 2nd and 3rd that I have ever dug and both of them are 1864, what a great day.
 

Attachments

  • 1442799576190.webp
    1442799576190.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 1442799779266.webp
    1442799779266.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 1442799796158.webp
    1442799796158.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 40
That's the prettiest 4 cents you can dig!
 
last year I scored 3 '64's. check carefully if yours are small or large motto, major value difference1864%20LSm%20vs%20Lg%20Motto%20Large.webp
 
Two cent pieces are pretty scarce coming out of the ground. I've been on a roll with them this year and have found 5, all dated 1864. Found two in one day and then I found two on consecutive plugs 70 miles apart. One was the last dig of the day and the next was the first dig of the day at a new spot. Two cent pieces are on a lot of bucket lists. Nice finds and nice condition.

Wow that's amazing I can only hope to catch you but some how I don't think so.
 
Don't see two of them in the same post very often, if ever- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Very cool. The green patina is great too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom