What's new

A 2-2 cent day

Jyverb64

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
952
Reaction score
1,186
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time out in a long time and got permission to hunt an 1870s house. It started out with a lot of clad and then I got a couple wheats, a short time later I flipped the plug and saw the coin and as soon as I got it in the light I new it was a 2 center. About 1 1/2 hours later and 30 feet from the first 2 center I dug my second and this one was even nicer than the first. This makes my 2nd and 3rd that I have ever dug and both of them are 1864, what a great day.
 

Attachments

  • 1442799576190.webp
    1442799576190.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 1442799779266.webp
    1442799779266.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 1442799796158.webp
    1442799796158.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 40
How cool is that? Nice 2 cent coins, congratulations.
 
There are great!
Fantastic to find 2.
There my favorite.
Special place in my heart, never knew they exist till I found one a few years ago. Congrats
George
 
Wow! Thats 4 cents man! Lol Killer finds
 
Fantastic hunt, congrats on digging those 2 killer coins. :occasion14:
 
love to see you up north guys dig some great coins... 2 fat greenies....wow!
 
Super nice!

Don't see that too often.
 
Congrats on your two centers.
It's going to be hard to beat that hunt.
 
64 THE 2 CENT COINS ARE DANG AWSOME SCORE .
 
Awesome 4 cent day!, very cool to get 2 in 1 day!!!, Ive dug 3, 1 in each of the last 3 years

congrats!, those are in good shape too!
 
Twice as Nice!! Keep Swinging!!
 
Thanks everyone I was happy when I dug the first and so surprised when the 2nd came out, what a day!
 
Very nice. Those are 2 great looking coins. From the looks of your pictures the soil helped keep them that way.
 
Beautiful coins! Have not found one yet and to find 2 in one day is incredible.tThanks for posting !
 
30 feet apart and one and a half hour hunt. There has to be more there. Congrats on some nice coins!
 
Two cent pieces are pretty scarce coming out of the ground. I've been on a roll with them this year and have found 5, all dated 1864. Found two in one day and then I found two on consecutive plugs 70 miles apart. One was the last dig of the day and the next was the first dig of the day at a new spot. Two cent pieces are on a lot of bucket lists. Nice finds and nice condition.
 
nice theyre both beautiful love that color too. great finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom