Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago I read in a 1940's newspaper ###### Baptist Church having a picnic in the grove of trees beyond the mill pond. Well with such a great clue you'd think you could just jump out and find it right? I've looked many times and came up empty. Well yesterday I think I may have found it. I found 3 Mercury dimes 10 wheats and what seems to be a bracelet. The bracelet came apart while cleaning and my wife put thread in some loops to hold it together. I will get back there this weekend and try to find the main section.

IMG_20150402_072419.jpg

Upvote 9
Triple silver day at the picnic grove... Go TBD go! Very well done my man. Very jelly! GL&HH.

Tom I first read that newspaper article over 20 years ago and have talked to several old timers and looked many times. I hope I can find the main part because I was told the church would picnic often as far back atleast the 1930's. So maybe I'm close.

Perseverance has paid off. I bet it will again when you go back

Great finds! Way to go. Nice mercury dimes. It's cool looks like you found the area, kind of brings you back in time don't it ?

Sounds like you are on the right path. Excellent finds

Great research with a big pay-off, congrats. If you find any Sunday school or religious pins or pendants, or silverware, I would say you are on it! Sub 8-)

Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back