What's new

A bad day detecting is better than a good day at work

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three hours at the Pomander site and the highlights were some shankless flat buttons, junk(aluminum?) rings and a 357 shell casing. Thought I'd add a pic of all the junk I have to dig to occasionally score something nice. It's even becoming hard to find clad here.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    849.1 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 2
Good job T....looks like you got a tombac button. The old square nails are rather large some of them....a good indicator. Looks like you also have a reed from an instrument in your junk pile. I don't know your machine, but I'd love to see you get on that site with a Minelab machine and look for some really deep targets :thumbsup:
 
Good job T....looks like you got a tombac button. The old square nails are rather large some of them....a good indicator. Looks like you also have a reed from an instrument in your junk pile. I don't know your machine, but I'd love to see you get on that site with a Minelab machine and look for some really deep targets :thumbsup:

Some of the Large cents and flat buttons I have recovered have been quite deep. In excess of 8". The pomander was a good 6-8" down. I would love to hit this site with a high end machine someday
 
Well I had a good day at work but I would still rather be swinging the coil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom