A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush.....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0791_zpsaa13fc0f.jpg~original

Took a walk in the woods......there's about a foot of soft snow everywhere. I tried to swing the small 5 x 8 coil in and above the snow, and even searched under some huge pine trees. Nothing. OK plan "B." I just happened to have a pocket full of sunflower seeds, so I reached into my pocket with bare hands, spilling many onto the snow as I pulled out a hand full, and like WOW! All my feathered friends showed up. Here's one waiting for some more treats on my relic shovel.

DSC_0766_zps5dc29622.jpg~original

This little buddy wasn't quite sure whether to engage in his fight/flight routine, so he hovered like a dragon fly over my hand, and a photo of him turned him into a ghost.
DSC_0772_zps03bdb3e1.jpg~original

That's a little more like it! Relax.......it's only a metal detecor. And please don't bite the hand that feeds you.
DSC_0776_zpsed3c00f5.jpg~original

Here's my feathered friend checking out the AT GOLD. I just happened to catch the orange sunset light bouncing off the detector.

DSC_0802_zps2ea14bfd.jpg~original

And what's that old saying...."a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?" Nah! don't believe it, it ain't true.

Hope you enjoyed a walk in the woods today.

I always enjoy your posts John, it's great to get out in nature.

Great pictures. Bet that was fun.

What a nice Little friend to show up. :hello:

Great pics.... what camera? (Please don't say "my phone"!! *L*) Years ago, while I was out rabbit hunting, one of those little black-caps passed by with his flock and decided to take a short rest on the barrel of my .410.... I wasn't carrying any kind of camera that day but I'll always remember that quick 3-4 second visit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back