What's new

A Bit of a Change Up For Me

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,905
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I started mainly hunting military relics a few years ago I haven't spent much time coin shooting. But there was a bank repo house a few blocks from me and I got permission to detect it. It was built in 1954 so I didn't expect anything super old. For the first half hour I mainly found cents, eleven of those being wheats. There was one signal with four in one hole. Then I popped a crusty nickel that turned out to be a 1943S war nickel and a bit further a 1943 Merc. The back yard was a parking lot for toy cars mainly. I did find an old metal canister for Kodak film. A couple of brass hose nozzles and a hose splitter rounded it out. The Merc I found is my 400th career silver coin.

20250913_202655.webp
 
Upvote 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom