A Chevron Sign Of The Times

hawaiiandigger

Nov 2, 2009
I got a call from Ringman on Thursday and told me he hit a few bottles. Needless to say I was there in a hurry. When I got there he had already pulled a two line Waialua Soda Works crown and a Honolulu Brewing & Malting. After taking a quick break we headed back to the banks. We came across some cool stuff like the old metal truck. The tires broke off but it was still cool. Next thing we saw was a large pottery vessel, not sure what it was used for but it was approximately 15" tall. It was full of water and when I tried to pull it out I cracked it. Yes I know I am such a rookie. We kept hiking it was starting to get dark and raining off and on. I stuck my probe down and hit something flat. To my surprise it was the Chevron sign. I did not have a shovel so I was digging it out with a wooden tray. It was taking a while so Ringman suggested I come back with my boat the next day. I figured I better dig it out while I had the chance.The sign is porcelain on metal. I am not sure how it survived all these years under the ground, I suspect the fact that it was two sided had something to do with it. When the water is at normal level that baby was underwater. Thanks to Ringman for the call and for helping me carry the sign out. I am still digging thorns out of my scalp but it was well worth it.

Attachments

• chevron11.jpg
    chevron11.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 335
  • chevron14.jpg
    chevron14.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 347
  • chevron17.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 302
  • chevron18.jpg
    chevron18.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 336
  • chevron19.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 308
  • chevron20.jpg
    chevron20.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 349
  • chevron21.jpg
    chevron21.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 359
  • chevron23.jpg
    chevron23.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 353

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't you here what Moma said "don't play in the creek or get muddy", :laughing7:
nice finds guys.

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
Awright Ringman and HawaiianDigger...Nice finds...Where's all da oil???? :laughing7:...HawaiianDigger no moe room in your house already where you going put this sign???? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Aloha 808Kaz` :thumbsup:

Colonel Ken

Dec 7, 2009
Oahu, Hawaii
Ringman and Hawaiiandigger,
I am glad you guys are finding good stuff where you don't have to worry about Five-O giving you heat. I stay Jonesing already because no can dig. I had training this past weekend and also gotta play Army the next two weekends. End of the month off to Guam then Indonesia so all of April is out. Hopefully everybody keeps on finding the cherry sodas so I can check um out on this sight. See you guys tomorrow night. :hello:

HBF AKA: Colonel Ken

Bruddahbanzai

Jan 5, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yo HD and RM,
I have been swamped with work and family activities lateley so stories like this one is the closest I can get to digging. Thanks for sharing your awesome adventure.

Banzai!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread