A cold day Scraper & ?

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, the sun was finally out today, still cold, but I got out for a bit with the winter gear on 🥶.
All I was able to find was this scraper.
I've been watching this area for about a month or so. I started noticing rocks just in this one area & with recent rains it has exposed more.

Question , could it just be a random area? A work area or something else? I have found a lot of bird points not too far from here btw.

Thanks for looking,
😎

Attachments

• IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    940.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4690.jpeg
    IMG_4690.jpeg
    997.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4695.jpeg
    IMG_4695.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4653.jpeg
    IMG_4653.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
Upvote 5

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe consider some other factors, is the area near a water source? Maybe up on a small rise. Is there any burned earth or daub. In my opinion the scraper alone could have been lost while processing an animal during a hunt just as easy as it could have came from a habitation site. Nice scraper though.

OP
OP
DemonCatSpaceStar

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe consider some other factors, is the area near a water source? Maybe up on a small rise. Is there any burned earth or daub. In my opinion the scraper alone could have been lost while processing an animal during a hunt just as easy as it could have came from a habitation site. Nice scraper though.
Thanks. Yes, it is near a water source & I forgot to add in my post that I've found about 20 or so bird points (as well as pottery) in this area not very far from the scraper. This is just a strange Oval shape (4' to 5')of flint of different sizes with no "worked" rocks. I was kinda thinking that it might have been like a stockpile to use at later time? Hopefully in a couple of months we'll get some good downpours & expose more. 😁

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Hello, the sun was finally out today, still cold, but I got out for a bit with the winter gear on 🥶.
All I was able to find was this scraper.
I've been watching this area for about a month or so. I started noticing rocks just in this one area & with recent rains it has exposed more.

Question , could it just be a random area? A work area or something else? I have found a lot of bird points not too far from here btw.

Thanks for looking,
😎
Always good to get out. One recent hunt I did back at the end of December it was 20 degrees but now I’m struggling with floods and high water. I have to wait cause I’m not swimming for them 😃
Good find

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In SWOK, when we would find village sites, if there was some kind of hill near them we would many times find a workshop area always on the south side of the hill. The ladies would not want you knapping flint inside the home, so this elevated location would be far enough away plus you got a lot of sun in the colder seasons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread