diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you bought that ashtray. I'm sure you've looked it over and know that it is a Lalique Jamaique circa 1928. If not, now you do!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. What about the silver rimmed bowl in the background? Did you check it out for Sterling?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you bought that ashtray. I'm sure you've looked it over and know that it is a Lalique Jamaique circa 1928. If not, now you do!
No sweat Diggummup!, It's got the buzz pen etched "Lalique France" mark.(hard to photo that mark) The sales history on any I've reviewed are all over the chart. I'd take $49.95 for it and smile. I did see one sell with a lot more scratches on the base then this one go a bit over $80. Point being not all the treasures found in a TS are made of silver and gold. Still I hope to find someday that Renoir, so I keep looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. What about the silver rimmed bowl in the background? Did you check it out for Sterling?
I didn't even pick it up. I could see from where I was standing it was crap. It's all how it's constructed to me in spotting items of silver. I can spot it with ease. Plate oxidizes in a different way over solid silver and I know the look of it whither plate over NS, Copper or BM. I'm just that good :thumbsup:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Wow, the biggest (only) piece of Lalique I ever held was a shot glass. They may just be quick snaps, but the quality of the craftsmanship just shines through. I would have dropped $50 at the TS just to hold and admire whenever I want. I quit smoking 5 years ago. And those are some ACE eyeballs diggummup.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread