Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

those are the only close ups I have of that one piece. and a couple more close-ups.
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg
Here's an odd-ball. Thoughts?
IMG_0006.jpg
Another of that axe
IMG_0005.jpg
and a pic of ...rocks...including the one I was discribing in the last thread- the rock embedded in clay-turned-stoneIMG_0008.jpg (oops...misplaced)
and one more
IMG_0004.jpg

Thanks for looking- and Happy Hunting!
Yak

Upvote 0
Welcome to the site and thanks for showing your finds.

Thanks Rock. I'm lucky. And I would pass out if I found a nearly perfect red one- the colors are awesome to find- but hard too. I seem to have a lot of jasper around here- I'm assuming traded, or carried along while doing a seasonal migration, but I can be certain. Jasper is a PA thing. Not far. Could be traded... and red if they are. Locally- a ton of ironstone. Heavy and rough- and I'd imagin as hard to knap as quartz. I'll get more pics up soon to show some more recent finds.

You think that's really paleo? I was uncertain. I've read that there are pieces that look a lot like paleo, but are actually (and amazingly) late archaic to early-mid woodland. Hard for me to tell. If it is Paleo, a pretty rare thing in these parts, no?
Yak

Yakker, it looks like it has two small flutes on the pictures you showed. Is it also ground on the basal edges on both sides? If so I would say it's a Paleo and most likely a Clovis. What pasrt of the country are you hunting in? My guess would be east coast and maybe up around the northeast or that area from the materials.

Last edited:
Grim- thanks for the ID- I kinda had a hunch, but I just couldn't be sure- and I'm a cheep-ash, so I won't have it authenticated. Wow. wow wow wow. Awesome- and thanks again! And yes- from the east coast, but actually Eastern Shore, MD. Not too many people from around here on TNet. Alas. Extra warm this week and a possible storm coming up from the SE, so if the tides are with me, it should be a bangin' week for hunting!
Happy Hunting!
Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back