A Couple More Rings, Flat Button & a Wheatie.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had much of a chance to hunt since daylight savings ended but I did manage to get a few hours in this weekend. I stayed out late Friday evening and hunted in the dark. It was unbelievably warm and a beautiful night. I was out at night in shorts and a tee shirt again. That's just crazy in November.

Just as I was winding down and wrapping things up I scored two more rings within 5 minutes not 20 feet apart. They're both junk; one honker stainless and one junk kids ring but they're still rings. I swear, the Delta is a freakin' ring machine. If they're there, it WILL sniff them out.

Night Hunt, Rings, Medallion & Flat Button...Nov. 8, 2015 001.JPG

I thought the big one was silver at first but it was not to be this time. Oh well, it's still #'s 51 & 52 so I'm cool with that.

I was able to get back to the same spot just before dark tonight and found another old flat button. The hoop is gone and it's pretty rusty but not bent. The only word I can make out is "London". All of my others so far are American so this is my first old foreign button.

Night Hunt, Rings, Medallion & Flat Button...Nov. 8, 2015 003.JPG

I also found a huge (and ugly IMO) "Scorpio" medallion and a 1944 Wheatie. I can't believe I never found the medallion before considering how I've pounded this field and the size of the thing. Then again, things are always changing. Maybe the rain helped it to appear. Same goes for the button. I found it in an area I've hit many times. It rang up pretty faint but of course, I dug it anyway.

Night Hunt, Rings, Medallion & Flat Button...Nov. 8, 2015 002.JPG

Night Hunt, Rings, Medallion & Flat Button...Nov. 8, 2015 004.JPG

Not too terrible for limited hunting time I guess.

That's about it for now.
Thanks for looking & HH........

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You spent your time wisely. Gotta take the bad with the good. Better luck next hunt for gold and silver.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS GARRETTE .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread