What's new

Large Cent, Trigger guard, Saw Madallion Flat Buttons & Coins!

JustOneMorePlug

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
177
Reaction score
937
Golden Thread
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Second time out to new permission. Found a bunch of goodies! Found a 1910 wheaty, 1911 V nickle, flat buttons, disston and sons saw medallion, brass shotgun shell(?) and a unreadable large cent. It is heavily corroded. Can anyone make out any details on it? It looks like it could possibly be a capped large cent but maybe that's just wishful thinking! I also found a musket trigger guard the first time out while exploring. Can't wait to go back only had a few hours. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 20251213_141822.webp
    20251213_141822.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • 20251213_140129.webp
    20251213_140129.webp
    729.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20251213_140511.webp
    20251213_140511.webp
    657.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 20251212_204847.webp
    20251212_204847.webp
    234 KB · Views: 94
  • 20251213_140337.webp
    20251213_140337.webp
    508.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 20251214_224057.webp
    20251214_224057.webp
    874.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20251213_140421.webp
    20251213_140421.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 20251213_140208.webp
    20251213_140208.webp
    607.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20251213_141909.webp
    20251213_141909.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
Upvote 27
Second time out to new permission. Found a bunch of goodies! Found a 1910 wheaty, 1911 V nickle, flat buttons, disston and sons saw medallion, brass shotgun shell(?) and a unreadable large cent. It is heavily corroded. Can anyone make out any details on it? It looks like it could possibly be a capped large cent but maybe that's just wishful thinking! I also found a musket trigger guard the first time out while exploring. Can't wait to go back only had a few hours. Thanks for looking!
Nice collection of finds JOMP. It's always quite frustrating when you can't ID a LC like yours. Still a great recovery. Congrats and welcome to T-Net! What part of the country are you in? What do you use for a detector? I think you will find that this is a great website to frequent for those of us who are treasure obsessed. Cheers.
 
A great mix of finds - congrats ! :icon_thumleft:

Good chance you could see more detail on the Large Cent by using "Andre Pencils".
If you don't already have a set, they are very inexpensive - there are some good video's on YouTube showing how to use them.

Good Luck !
 
Nice collection of finds JOMP. It's always quite frustrating when you can't ID a LC like yours. Still a great recovery. Congrats and welcome to T-Net! What part of the country are you in? What do you use for a detector? I think you will find that this is a great website to frequent for those of us who are treasure obsessed. Cheers.
Thanks for the warm warm welcome! I'm in North Carolina. I've been using the equinox 900. I plan on adding a dues 2 to my collection sooner or later.
 
A great mix of finds - congrats ! :icon_thumleft:

Good chance you could see more detail on the Large Cent by using "Andre Pencils".
If you don't already have a set, they are very inexpensive - there are some good video's on YouTube showing how to use them.

Good Luck !
I appreciate the tip. I will definitely check those out!
 
Congratulations on the great finds! Thanks for posting.
 
Just an update. The piece I thought was a brass shotgun shell is actually a black powder measuring tool made by Union Hardware Company from Torrington Conneticut.
20251217_165210.webp
20251217_175535.webp
20251217_165137.webp
images.webp
20251217_164908.webp
 
Second time out to new permission. Found a bunch of goodies! Found a 1910 wheaty, 1911 V nickle, flat buttons, disston and sons saw medallion, brass shotgun shell(?) and a unreadable large cent. It is heavily corroded. Can anyone make out any details on it? It looks like it could possibly be a capped large cent but maybe that's just wishful thinking! I also found a musket trigger guard the first time out while exploring. Can't wait to go back only had a few hours. Thanks for looking!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Nice finds :) I love finding Large cents. Thank yoiu for sharing with us
 
Looks like this site was inhabited for a long time! Should keep you busy for a few years. Nice bunch of finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom