A couple more today.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was my day off, the wheather was nice, so time to go detecting. I got back to another site that has given up a couple of coins over the years. Today I was able to get acouple more nice tokens, the button is a little different, and the other small brass item I think was part of some early necklace, maybe. I can't wait to get back out again, but work comes first.HH IMG_1328.jpg IMG_1330.jpg IMG_1331.jpg IMG_1324.jpg IMG_1325.jpg

Upvote 1

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome finds , and great job cleaning them up ....

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There is a cord that is worn on the shoulder of some military uniforms. I can't remember what they're called but I remember that mine was infantry blue. The cords have brass end pieces that the cord goes through. Could your small brass piece be one of those cord end pieces? It put me in mind of them and they have been around for centuries. Nice bunch of finds.

Chuck

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool finds and love that button!!

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

There is a cord that is worn on the shoulder of some military uniforms. I can't remember what they're called but I remember that mine was infantry blue. The cords have brass end pieces that the cord goes through. Could your small brass piece be one of those cord end pieces? It put me in mind of them and they have been around for centuries. Nice bunch of finds.

Chuck

Thanks, if you have any pictures that would be great. Thanks

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks, if you have any pictures that would be great. Thanks

The word I was looking for is fourragère. You can find a bunch of images of them HERE. Your small piece might be the sliding piece above the end piece, not the end piece itself. At least, that's what it reminds me of, and there were a number of variations.

Chuck

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread